Possible bricked T5577

Hello everyone!

I just got my first implant (a NExT) a few days ago and while the high frequency side works nicely, I am having problems with the low frequency.

I have a Proxmark3 Easy, and after reading a few posts of the forum I was able to find a position where I could get consistent reading of the EM410 default of the T5577. However, when I tried a “t55xx detect” I couldn’t get a good response, and it always returned the message:

[!] Could not detect modulation automatically. Try setting it manually with 'lf t55xx config'

Note that I did configure the proxmark with the correct settings.

After a few search in proxmark3 forums, I tried to do a “t55xx wipe”, but since then the implant seems to be unresponsive to any further commands. I cannot read or detect anything, and after reading some scary posts on the tear protection I am afraid that the implant may be bricked.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed from here? Any ideas I can try?

Thanks,
Carlos

I am not a proxmark expert, but check out this post and the one immediately below it by Tom Harkness. It appears that even if you totally wipe it or get it into a really wonky state, you should still be able to write valid values overtop and it’s probably not totally bricked. Of course, getting antenna placement good enough for solid writes will likely be a challenge…

2 Likes

I have been trying to write values on the configuration block, but everything I get is something like this:

proxmark3> lf t55xx write b 0 d 00088040
Writing page 0  block: 00  data: 0x00088040           
Error occurred, device did not ACK write operation. (May be due to old firmware)          
proxmark3> lf t55xx detect
Could not detect modulation automatically. Try setting it manually with 'lf t55xx config'     

I guess I will try again with a better antenna.