Potential broken/smashed NExT - removal advice

Not at all. While it was a lengthy process (not helped by Covid I’m sure) they were understanding (if not a bit confused).
The GP took a bit of explaining exactly what the issue was, due to it being a phone call appointment, but they asked for photos and then referred me to the hand clinic at the hospital.

The hospital got in contact a couple of weeks later letting me know they had received my referral, but due to Covid, they weren’t taking any appointments and would be in contact in the future.

Back in June they finally got in contact and booked me in to take an X-ray and take a physical look at it and ask some questions regarding body mods and magnets.

Finally yesterday, I went in to have it removed. The doctor said she tried searching through medical journals to find out as much as she could, but found very little. As a result she wanted to write a medical journal up based on myself, which I quite happily agreed to.

With it being done in a hospital, I unfortunately couldn’t take any photos or videos, but because she was writing a journal up on it, she took photos which she let me take photos of. I’ve posted them in my thread Here

Regarding the magnet that was in my finger previously, it was installed about 6 years ago by a tattoo studio in London, not a KSEC installer. I didn’t ask the installer near me about removing it for free, I was more than willing to pay to have this magnet removed (and get a flexDF2 installed in the back of my hand at the same time).
But he outright refused to remove anything, so I just went to the GP instead and installed the flexDF2 myself.

I’m just surprised to hear that it’s standard policy for a KSEC installer to do free removals, yet my local one refused to do anything.

I feel like that applies to things they have and would install. I fully believe had it have been an x-series implant they would have removed it.

The issue for me would have been a thing of unknown origin implanted by another party into a pretty dangerous area and it was clearly angry… I probably would have recommend a doctor at that point.

1 Like

So i’m more than happy to speak to your local installer to find out more but there are a few known reasons why they might not deem it safe for them to do so.

Our policy is we ask all of our Cyborg Centers to offer free removals to their customers as part of becoming a KSEC approved installer. We can’t force them if they deem it unsafe and they think a doctor should perform it instead.

The removal policy is for people wanting to upgrade, swap our a dead implant, or change their mind etc. If the device was broken into pieces then it would be out of scope for them to remove from a liability/legal point of view and a doctor would be the place to go.

Was the device damaged when it was finally removed or was it just the positioning ?

This was a year ago, so forgive me if I miss a few details, but from memory I was asking about removing the magnet that was in my finger (due to the loss of strength, puffiness and people in my thread saying to get it removed) and replacing it with an xg3.

The magnet was in one piece when it came out and at the time it felt like one solid mass, so I don’t believe it was thought to have been in pieces. That being said it was in the finger tip so I understand about being a bit cautious and refusing.

What did shock me though was the referral to someone in Netherlands.

There a few pictures in my thread that I got from the doctor when it was removed showing it’s placement and size.