Potential issues in Wisconsin regarding implants, cease and desist from Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services

I was watching various news feeds and this video came across me as potentially dangerous to the professional piercing and body modification industry.

TItle: Whatever Happened to the promise of human microchip implants?

TL;DR: A company in Wisconsin uses RFID implants for access control and buying items in the cafeteria, the professional piercer was sent a C&D by Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services stating the services he was performing required a medical license.

Does anyone have more information on this regarding the state of Wisconsin?

Sincerely,
Connor Goodwolf

My take on it is… yawn. Any piercers in Wisconsin who want to discuss it, we can have a call.

1. they were singled out because of the massive media hype around the event.

2. In 5 minutes review I have found at least 2 very solid legal options to pursue, should it become a problem for any Dangerous Things partners in Wisconsin (though currently we have none officially).

2 Likes

The situation made me curious to look at other state laws, medical board rules and case law. I’m sure we’re going to run in to more of these issues in the future. People against implants for what ever reason they may have attempt to use archaic or current laws which don’t coincide with the spirit of the law.

I’m rather curious if there’s someone in Wisconsin targeting our community.

Sincerely,
Connor Goodwolf

1 Like

I think it’s purely a function of the media coverage they received… anyone working in the department of safety and professional services could have easily seen a newscast or article about it and got all huffy about it.

In any case, there are ways forward so if it becomes a problem we will have ways to challenge it.

1 Like