Problem with icard and walletmor

Lol, last few posts have been dropping off this forum like dead rotting fetid flies.

I guess our hive has started censoring itself… icard would be loving this no doubt… Same for mastercard.

Yesterday I did warn wojtek about this possibility

What bothers me about this is, Walletmor and Walletmor implantees aren’t doing anything amoral or illegal. They’re trying to bring more business to the fintech industry (and they’re willing to pay a pretty penny for the privilege too) and they’re having to keep it hush-hush. If that’s not dystopian, I don’t know what is. The mind boggles…

2 Likes

What I read so far it sounds like a risk play if you implant a walletmor because iCard can kick you every time they want and the implant will get useless.

1 Like

kind of… but if you don’t disclose the fact to i card that your tag got converted to an implant and you implanted it you should be fine.

i mean yes, there is a risk but if you really want a pay implant and there is no good conversion option for you available its the best way to go. i mean in worst case you still have an implant with good reading range to enroll on locks

3 Likes

Well, that’s one of the risks of payment conversions… This is bound to be a problem with payment implants until banks stop freaking out and accept the yet to be released Apex…

But as mrln said, the risk is not that high if you don’t tell them.

Damn, hope the banks will wake up and accept the future :wink:

2 Likes

I have found documentation that Mastercard (the payment networks are the issue, not the banks) investigated implants back in 2003 (see This article for example.)

I wonder why they are so against them now?

1 Like

Probably because they found that some of there shareholders blew or will blow a gasket about the mark of the beast.

2 Likes

One year later and I’m afraid I may encounter the same issue as you did. I, stupidly, let a Customer Support operator know it’s the Walletmor implant I was trying to set up as an NFC wearable when I first downloaded the app. Although it took me a few weeks to put it to use and I did manage to make some payments with it, at one point I started getting asked for a PIN and the payments kept being rejected, until this very moment. I was told by the last operator they would forward my case to the relative department and get back to me via email. And I am afraid I’m going to receive the same email as you.

I am very disappointed and can’t quite understand it :disappointed:

Is icard walletmor available in the US? I think I saw somewhere that it’s not but I cant remember

Walletmor uses purewrist for the us. Don’t know when the current cards would expire (or if they’re available atm) but it’s less than 3 years.

https://icard.com/en/about-icard
And icard is only available for the people living in the EEA area so not in the US.

1 Like

AFAIK, they are not. or if they still are, they do not care.
iCard officially withdrew from the UK on the same day Brexit became official.

Unless they have a VERY faulty security system, it cannot.
For those FOBs to be accepted by Visa, they must have those tokens preset at factory level, being on a read-only portion of the chip.

Yep.
Walletmor is a brilliant dream, but in reality they are just a scammy business model.
Better to get a conversion directly with DT (same price, better customer service, smaller chances of being batch-bricked)

I did say this before… but Walletmor are not helping us get closer to the dream of payment implants being normalized.
Quite the opposite, they are making sure every service out there starts to hate the idea of implants in it’s entirety…

Me too. that’s what got me into buying into Walletmore in the first place.

All the services reserve the rights to do that.
e-Money is still pretty much Wild West: anything goes… to the point they don’t even hold insurance.

if your money vanishes from one of those payment services, it’s just gone and you’ll never see the light of it. That’s why most companies operate with a hard limit on how much you can keep on your account with them (to avoid any legal action from ending up in too high a court if they vanish with your money).

Yeah, Walletmor got a hold of a bunch of tags in the US, and then kept reselling them as “new”, but the expiration date was running already since it’s set up upon issuing of the FOB.

1 Like

I just set up my account with them.
Waiting on verification to go thorough.
OTP Verification sms was working so ended up talking to support. Asked how to activate the chip with them and they reply.

Found this tread after…
So whats the deal here? Super expensive chip advertising as partnered / working with a payment provider but its not true…and would in effect be false advertising…
How many have we here in the EU using this and having no issues. As ill probably order the chip soon and realistically, whats the best way to go about doing this? DT seem to make a custom impant for thr AUZ market… is something like that a viable option in the EU?

If you have a service that offers you a payment FOB, @amal can probably do a payment conversion.

Note that there are currently no payment services out there which allow you to have an implant version.
That said, there also aren’t any payment services out there even aware of implants… so they don’t tell you not to do that. (apart from the ones that Walletmor pissed off and made aware of the implants. those now hate us and some even go actively against implants. Thanks! :expressionless:)

Either way, the best option for keeping a payment implant is to not raise a ruckus out there.

Also worth noting that every payment implant is ultimately either a card or a fob conversion (including walletmor), therefore they do have an expiry date.
Those expiry dates are usually issued when the FOB/Card is issued… so buying it from someone who batch bought FOBs might make it so that your chip could be running for a while already, so you have an even shorter expiry date (such as the issue with Walletmor in the US)

More than false advertising, they were asked direct questions and provided straight out lies.
But I already kicked that can too long down the road. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes