Problems using Vivokey demo cards

Great work! I went ahead and hearted it, hopefully if a few other people from the forum do as well, they’ll see that it’s a desired feature, even if the PR has to be modified.

3 Likes

2 Likes

There are a couple of build failures you need to take care of in their automated testing before the PR can be merged.

1 Like

I know, see my comment at Implement support for Yubikeys and potential other tokens via wireless NFC using smartcard readers by StarGate01 · Pull Request #6766 · keepassxreboot/keepassxc · GitHub

3 Likes

Niiiiice :slight_smile: again, great job.

4 Likes

Turns out, I don’t need physical cards at all. It is possible to emulate javacard applets in a way that is compatible with KeePassXC using a software stack consisting of jcardsim, vsmartcard and pcsc-lite.

If anyone in the future faces the same issues as me, I documented the emulation procedure here: GitHub - StarGate01/vk-ykhmac: Javacard applet emulating the Yubikey challenge-response interface .

5 Likes

Good news, after some more discussion and development, the PR has been merged and is on track to release with KeePassXC version 2.7.0 (the next one). You can test is by compiling the offical “develop” branch by yourself.

4 Likes

Wolf 200 (2)

Seriously, fantastic work.

2 Likes

A few months later, the first public beta build of KeepassXC v2.7.0 is available for download, so everyone using a YubiKey / ykhmac javacard can test the new NFC PC/SC interface.

4 Likes

Nice update, thanks!

I’m still looking forward to My ApexFlex and VivoKeyKeePass to go along with it when it is ready :hamster_emoji_gif: