VivoKey Apex update

Unknown

2 Likes

I think I just realized something…

The apex can emulate a ntag… so does this mean you can change the uid like a magic ntag?

Nah, NXP went out of their way to nip that in the bud. The MIFARE Classic and DESFire applets (which are not even loaded into the ROM mask of the Apex because they’re phat) do not have changeable IDs. Their UIDs are derived from the P71s normal UID

Balls, I thought I found something I needed from the apex… I’m struggling to find use cases to justify it

That’s why blinkies are so important :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Obviously, not all of these are available on launch, but I can happily live with an implant that is “fitted for but not with” and again, once it’s out, there are some clever little fuckers that I’m sure will be sharing their own applets…

like this

Don’t forget to vote if you haven’t already…who knows, maybe it will go some way towards influencing what is next up for development :man_shrugging:

I’m ready for the APEX.

5 Likes

Problem is I’m not sure I’m clever enough to make half of them work :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You and me both. We will need an “implants for dummies” guide just to install the damn things. We are not tinkerers or makers. We just need to not be forgetting our house keys or wallet.

~ Jamie

3 Likes

you mean apart from secure cyborg logins?

It’s really simple actually. Setting up 2FA is really easy, same for other applets I assume.

Like legit: choose applet, click install, hold phone over Apex, done.
From there it’s extremely well documented as many ppl use yubikeys for example.

I’m 1000% sure after a couple weeks we’ll have good docs for everything you need to know.

4 Likes

Are there any update regarding shipping of the pre orders @amal ?

I’m waiting to analyze more walletmor failures before shipping out any Apex Flex.

14 Likes

Got it. Any timeline?

𝓢𝓸𝓸𝓷™

8 Likes

Sounds interesting. May we know which failures appeared?
Sealing, soldering, others….?

This is part of the problem… We have only received one device back for analysis and it looks like an installation issue… I think it was damaged due to being forced into a tight spot on the knife edge of the hand and it buckled, cracking the chip. We are putting out an official request to those who reported failures to return those units to us for analysis.

8 Likes

It’s a potential concentrated stress point… Especially when you consider opening and closing your hand, blood supply in region and chances of impact.

In the crease just behind knuckles of pinky and Ring finger seems to be a good spot… Or in webbing between thumb and forefinger… At least by my reckoning

My theoretical opinion anyway…

But keep up the great work

Much love to you all :heart::heart::+1:

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about getting an implant for a long time.
After a conversation with a friend at my local hackerspace, I discovered the Apex.
This is it. I need this so much. Custom code? PGP? Fuck yeah.
You’re awesome, Amal.

Sorry if I’m asking dumb questions, but is the Apex Flex backorder something I (a nobody) can purchase? I’m aware it won’t be shipped until it’s ready.
If I buy it from the store now, do I get charged once it ships or now?

Can’t wait to conquer my fear of needles and doctors for this.

4 Likes

You should join the DT Club, there is more detailed updates on there, and sometimes pre-order opportunities :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Cool; Done, thanks.

@amal do I get a cut for referring :joy:

2 Likes