Proxmark firmware compatible with Android?

From poking around it seems like the iceman build is the way a lot of folks are leaning, but sadly that doesn’t seem to be currently compatible with using the proxmark 3 rd4 on android, so the question is, how different/better IS it than the “official” build, and is it worth not being able to use it with Walrus/etc on android? Or even better, is there a build I haven’t found yet that adds that compatibility back in maybe?

2 Likes

Side note: in case you couldn’t guess… i got a new toy in the mail today… :smiley:

2 Likes

unnamed (18)

Yussss, a Nintendo 64 and you are going to use your implant to only unlock YOUR controller :interrobang:
images (39)

4 Likes

My pm3 worked out of the box with walrus. But to use Andprox it needed to do an update. So I just stayed with walrus

4 Likes

Hmm, come to think of it, Andprox through an error and told me to update, Walrus just doesn’t seem to do anything, but can see the proxmark, so I MIGHT just be being dumb about something. More testing needed! TO THE DRAWER OF RFID THINGS

4 Likes

To the drawer! :joy::joy:

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’m just an idiot haha. Seems that Walrus doesn’t like EM tags (yet?) and that’s what came with the cheap drawer lock I ordered before I knew wtf the different chip specs were. picks it up fine connected to a mac. Now I gotta grab some cheap cards or tags on amazon for more testing via android I suppose.

1 Like

Just occurred to me that my Nest Secure uses a rfid tag, and turns out it’s a mifare, which Walrus read no problem, so that’s a good sign!

1 Like

it’s not though… it’s an NXP smartcard chip with mifare emulation turned on… but the nest hub doesn’t do anything with the mifare stuff… it talks to an AID javacard app on the secure tag… unless of course they changed this, but I seriously doubt they would dumb it down that hard.

2 Likes

AH fair enough, I just mean that Walrus recognized it, which was progress! Need some HID cards or tags to really test reading/writing though, so I’m off to amazon I guess

3 Likes

It would be funny if the Mifare app implemented the magic Chinese command :slight_smile:

2 Likes