Proxmark NExT Cloning Help

Take a marker and make a mark on your hand at both ends of the chip it will make it easier for you to line it up and exit your terminal window and disconnect your proxmark and start over. If you get a time out its best to restart. Se it that helps if not we will reset it to a blank t55 chip.

2 Likes

teeny,

I really appreciate the time you are taking to help! I might need to wipe it back to a blank t55 chip. Is there any instructions on wiping the chip? I don’t want to take up any more of your time!

1 Like

Are you running the PM3 client in Linux or Windows?

1 Like

Linux

1 Like

Okay. Check that the modem manager is running.

$ ps ax | grep -i modem | grep -i manager

1 Like

I was watching some videos on the install and was told to disable the modem manager. So It should still be disabled.

1 Like

Well, I almost got burnt the other day with that: I had disabled it and it started all by itself. Hence my comment. I almost bricked my PM3 with that damn thing.

If you have it installed, just zap it.

2 Likes

oh good call!

1 Like

I always wipe my chip to a blank t55 when programming it. I got the info from this thread. Lots of good info in it. https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/xem-cloning-emulation-modes-and-the-perils-of-chinese-cloners/1547

Command

lf t55 write b 0 d 00088040 t
b = block
d = data
BLANK t55 config 00088040
t = debug mode

After you run the command you wont find you chip with lf search as its not set to emulate a chip yet.

4 Likes

IT WORKSSSSS! :grinning:

Thank you guys!

6 Likes

I usually wipe my NeXT LF side with just lf t55 wipe, is there any difference?

2 Likes

What did you do?

1 Like

Changing the default antenna to +accurate and doing a hw tune found the chipset.

but to clone my card, i had to reset it to a blank t55 chip (lf t55 write b 0 d 00088040)

Also had to use the DT antenna to write… the default one didn’t want to work for me.

3 Likes

Interesting. Good to know. I haven’t had to do that yet, but the day might come. If it does, it means I’ll have been thrown out of my current workplace. So, hopefully, never :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does this look like a bad option?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WPJ89PF/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_i_NNFHFb3ECDXW7

1 Like

Yep, I got a kkmoon one

2 Likes

I had a quick look, and it didnt jump out at me, just make sure it is a 512 version NOT the 256

You may have to ask the seller,
UPDATE:-
actually I just had another look, and right near the bottom it confirms it.

Your other consideration is if you wand the 2 usb option which allows “standalone” function. ie. battery powered

2 Likes

So that looks decent to you is what you’re saying? I mean there’s no way you can know for sure obv :joy: but overall it looks like not a bad choice?

1 Like

yeah, if @Devilclarke got one of theirs and he’s happy, I would say yes :+1:

an alternative for you to checkout:-

2 Likes

I could never get it to work on a PM3 Easy. It’d power by the port but never reconnect on the COM port :frowning:

1 Like