Proxmark3 Easy and sample tags

Greetings, I received my proxmark3 easy today along with 3 blue tags (marked m1, uid and cuid) a card (marked cuid) and two grey tags (marked keri)

I can read the blue tags, the card and both sides of my ring (nfc and rfid), but I cannot read the two grey keri tags.

As far as I can tell I should be able to read them with an lf search or lf keri reader but nothing.

Am I missing something here?

The fact that I can read the T5577 (and the NTAG216) in the dual frequency ring makes me think it isn’t the proxmark3 Easy, but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Can you post a photo?
Probably not publically at your user level, I think you can only do one per day at basic…but if not, I will send you a DM ( I don’t think you can send them yet ) and I will post the image here

Haha, you just used up your single daily image allowance on a unicorn…:unicorn:

@coma will be impressed

I have just deleted it, give that another go…

2 Likes

I’m on my phone and while I thought I had copied the image apparently I hadn’t.

1 Like

Try an
lf tune

Let us know the starting voltage
Then as you move a fob closer to the antenna you should see the voltage drop.

When it is at the lowest voltage that will be the best coupling.
Try and remember that position and then try an

lf search

From that same position.
Sometimes it is not always lying on/across the antenna

1 Like

Starting voltage 42V. Best I could get was 37V.

lf search still found nothing.

lf search -u reported “Unknown ASK Modulated and Manchester encoded Tag format!” And “Couldn’t identify a chipset”

So it looks like it can see it but for whatever reason can’t understand the “Keri” tags.

Have you tried

lf keri read

Yes, it returns nothing…

I did find an identical looking fob online which is a keri K-series and uses phase shift keying.

Yes, I mentioned that in my first post. It returns nothing. I did wonder if the tag was completely blank and that was the problem…

lf keri clone -t i --cn 12345

Works and I can then read the tag… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Oops, That you did, I should have seen through your typo

lf keri --help gives reader as the command it appears to accept read as well… Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Interesting, I wasn’t aware
The “recent” change in syntax makes things a little less certain when trying to answer questions without a PM3 in front of you.
I’m glad you got it sorted though :+1:t3:

No problem, That is what the forum is here for.

1 Like

Not wasted - not at all! :wink:

I believe that for commands anything which is able to uniquely identify a command will work - e.g. lf t55 det vs lf t55 detect. There is no other sub-command under the lf t55 command starting with det-, and thus it works. Hope that makes a bit more sense as to why read and reader both work.

2 Likes

I feel like I may be in a similar boat. My PM3 arrived yesterday and I’m getting no data from the included sample tags/card, except for the included keri tags when following along with the thread above.

[usb] pm3 → lf search u
[=] NOTE: some demods output possible binary
[=] if it finds something that looks like a tag
[=] False Positives ARE possible
[=]
[=] Checking for known tags…
[=]
[-] :no_entry: No known 125/134 kHz tags found!
[=] Checking for unknown tags:
[-] :no_entry: no repeating pattern found, try increasing window size
[-] :no_entry:
[-] :no_entry: No data found!

Running ‘auto’ detects the cards as Indala cards but, as those of you with more experience may already suspect I’m still really new at this and trying to figure it all out before playing with the NExT I just got implanted yesterday (my first implant). I figured learning Proxmark would be a good way to pass the time while I wait for the swelling to go down.

I’m hungry for information and have been trying to string things together with information from the threads here and a couple YouTube tutorials, so any additional resources I could be pointed to would be appreciated. Thanks!

In my case most of the tags included are high frequency tags.

Without seeing the tags I can’t guess at what you have, but… Try
hf search -@

And present each of the tags one by one. If they respond they are high frequency.

Mine consisted of one white card marked cuid in one corner, and several blue tags, each of which was etched with a piece of text on one side.

You can also try lf search -u@ to search for low frequency cards.

If a card doesn’t respond at all it might be blank. In that case you could try writing something appropriate to it. (–help is your friend)

3 Likes

Bingo, that was it. Haha. I don’t know why I assumed they’d be LF. Appreciate the help, I’ve got plenty more learning to do.

2 Likes