Proxmark3 easy, change CMK , AMK on xDF2 DESFire EV2 8kB NFC

Hello everyone,

I am working in a project with the Mifare Desfire chip Ev - 1/2/3 8k , as a card writer/reader, I am using a Proxmarck3 Easy with last Iceman firmware.

I am unsure if it is the best way to write and retrieve data from the card. If you have any better solution, please let me know I will appreciate it.

I can authenticate the card with AMK and CMK, create and delete files and application, but as there is a bug know in the Proxmark firmware (https://github.com/RfidResearchGroup/proxmark3/issues/956), I am not able to change the card keys (Card master key, application master key and all the other keys for the application).

I am kindly asking if there is any solution to this problem.

Which are the best software to use to write and read from a DESFire chips?

Is there any other way to change the keys?

I have ordered an ACR122U too, And it will arrive in a few days, Is there some guidance on how to send commands through it?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Have you looked at apps like

Hi Amal, and thanks for the answer.
The MIFARE DESFire EV1 NFC tools can read the card’s data with a given key, but it cannot change any key in the card.
Therefore any application and file that I load in the chip have the standard key. Everyone is able to read delete and modify the data in the implant.

I think at this point you should explore the ACR122U reader and some APDU software like JCShell or something similar which will let you send APDUs directly to the DESFire

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely do it. Thanks