Proxmark3 Easy Flash Issues

Right are you in the discord? If so there is a version of iceman precompiled to work in native windows. Just change the com port in the flash all bat

2 Likes

I am in there. What channel is that in, I will download and take a look?

Docs under dangerous things

1 Like

That’s exactly what my guide is about :rofl:

3 Likes

I will check them both out, just downloaded it. Thanks again everyone.

2 Likes

SUCCESS!! Used the one on the Discord and it worked right away. Now to figure out why the other method I was using did not work, because I am not letting it win :muscle:

3 Likes

SUCCESS!!

Glad you got it working!
The main reason I was mentioning WSL is that some PM3 Easy’s have less memory and dont support the Iceman fork too well. On WSL/Linux you can specify that, while compiling, to do it for an Easy (specifically a more “generic” device).

I am on the discord (same username) if you want to switch/try WSL just let me know. Also happy to help with some cloning queries (I mostly know Mifare stuff).

1 Like

I thought that the newer forks where limited in memory when you compile them for pm3-other. Im sure iceman mentioned that yesterday.

1 Like

He did mention that they should work but they are still pushing too close to the sun in regards to memory usage. In practice I’ve seen someone with a lower memory spec Easy that just wouldnt accept the Iceman fork so we had to roll back to the factory firmware & client.

1 Like

Good Info, the one I have is a 512. I am just getting started with it so I guess I have some reading to do now. I just wanted to get it on the Iceman Fork before I started since that seems to be the main build recommendation. I have a 20 pack of 125khz tags to play around with so I am going to start really researching how to use it now :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

You should have called this thread

Forkin’ Proxmark

1 Like

I just thought I would add this to the list of possible solutions to try:-

The installation of my PM3 Easy onto my PineBook 64 ( Linux )
I followed through the Linux video and accompanying step by step guide.

Installation Guide

Video

It took me 2 attempts to get it working correctly. ( A few errors on my first attempt, SO I just started afresh )

Well, sort of fresh, I tried to delete my Proxmark3 folder but Linux :penguin: wouldn’t let me :interrobang: I really like Linux, but why are you acting all bitchy like an :apple: let me do what the fuck I want; I had to change my folder name to " Delete Me " To which I can’t …yet.
I clearly have many Linux idiosyncrasies to learn.

The 2nd attempt, I went through without any errors until the very end, I mucked around with the button holding, unplugging and plugging back in etc and I kept getting:

[+] Waiting for Proxmark3 to appear
[!!] ERROR: cannot communicate with the Proxmark

Finally, I tried the following and it worked for me ( Dont ask me why :man_shrugging: )

make PLATFORM=PM3OTHER clean && make PLATFORM=PM3OTHER all
then
./pm3-flash-all

:mage: Ta Da :exclamation:

I think on the newer firmware, the PM3OTHER should now be PM3GENERIC

I hope this helps somebody else

1 Like

It may be an old post but it definitely helped.

I think I pretty much did the same thing as you until I found this post. I ran into a few errors along the way and was struggling, deleted ‘proxmark3’ (had to use ‘rmdir -r’ as ‘rmdir’ wouldn’t work).

And then, because it was stupid o’clock in the morning I used PM3OTHER and waited until the end before I realised it needed to be PM3GENERIC.

I had to hold the button down during the flash but…SUCCESS.

2 Likes