Purewrist prepaid payment card in USA

There’s another company coming out with a tokenized fob. The ov Valet https://fccid.io/2AVSI-OVTPD01. I keep getting popups on facebook for it.

It’s almost like Facebook knows what your interests are and maybe your search history…But how could that be? :smirk:

1 Like

Tbh it is to hard to use the internet without letting my data be sold and traded like a product XD Imma let them have it (for now)

No never the internet wouldn’t track me like that… Facebook is all about protecting my data.

3 Likes

2-3 times on each side of the implant :wink: and by 30 ish years I hope we’ll have something permanent :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I got my hands on one finally from @Satur9

They chose to make the coil and chip visible by encapsulating with a clear layer rather than more PVC

Still easy to extract…

They chose an NXP chip at 70pF which is great because it’s easily converted and performs really well

11 Likes

Nice one, I’m excited for you @Satur9.

looking forward to your post about it

1 Like

goddamn this is really somethin’
/hunts down any available option in canada

2 Likes

Purewrist looks like it should work up here. The app needed to reload it is available in the Canadian Google Play Store, and it is a MasterCard … I’m going to read more and make sure but I think I’ll pick one up and try it out in the intended way

Edit:. 3% international per-use fee. Neeevermind…

1 Like

Just make sure you don’t get the basic starter card ~ only the upgraded cards work outside the US apparently. And yeah, as per your edit 3% fee :\ RBC were testing wearables back in 2014 but (as I understand it) ultimately decided unless they can do more things than be tied to one single account, they didn’t really want to invest. perhaps they should work with Vivokey I think they’re working with Samsung Pay now though?

Just gimme something I can send to Amal for conversion, damn it :joy:

1 Like

3% Sucks :poop:
BUT
3% of $10 is only $0.30¢
3% of $100 is only $3

2 Likes

It’s not the end of the world, but for an implant that would be used for regular daily purchases that would add up I think. It’s not a hard dealbreaker, but a consideration…

2 Likes

The bigger concern is the exchange rate. If they are going to rake us over the coals coming and going…

2 Likes

True! or $3.96 CAD

1 Like

Do we know if anyone in .CA has one ordered? If not I might be willing to be the guinea pig for trying it out up here as a wristband and seeing if it is suitable. Maybe…

Not as far as I know~ I’m a little strapped at the moment but I’d also be willing to try it at some point, gonna keep my eyes peeled to see if anything similar is gonna launch here but there seems to be a lot less noise about that kinda tech here.

I wonder what happened to DCTag, that only launched 4-5 years ago and seems to have vanished except for one Amazon seller, weirdly lacking in useful information.

Yeah, even getting a bank that works with Samsung Pay here has been a pain. It’s odd.

Yeah… DC Bank in Calgary launched DCTag but that’s dead and gone. TD were working with Nymi (I think that’s who I was talking about before, not RBC) and you can find both companies PR bullshit which all read the same; “Everybody loves wearables! They’re the new big thing!” and then nothing.

There’s also Tappy who are apparently a Canadian-based company (though their website seems to show they’re from Hong Kong?) that can (apparently) tokenize existing cards into wearables, but they seem so new they don’t even have any bank partners listed or a working app… keeping my eye on them though.

1 Like

The other concern is, Purewrist decides to change the chip’s cap, and Amal will have to tell someone their chip can’t be converted and they’ve wasted their money.

@amal loves marketing. this one’s for you, bud.