Question about what implant to get

Unfortunately I dont have anything productive to add on the school id quest (mine are all mag stripe so im fucked anyway) but,

I actually have the same goal! One thing i highly recommend is a wallet case for your phone. there are some cases that have a built in pocket and theres also ones all over amazon that just stick onto the back of an existing case.

Thanks to one of those, combined with my car mod, i carry no keys and no wallet! Just phone, watch, and earbuds.

Yeah I thought about that, I just don’t like having things attached to my phone, I don’t even use a case. But I use Samsung pay and Google pay so I really only need my wallet for my student ID and transit card and there doesn’t seem to be any way around that right now, I might just have to suck it up and get one of those one or two card phone stickers

My phone would be shattered in a month if i did that lol.

I may be late to the party here, but I live in lower BC in case you’re in the area and need access to a pm3 rdv4. If not it’s all good. Like others were saying, you’ll need to figure out what readers the school is using to see how viable a strictly low frequency credential would be. One of the best things for testing would be a diagnostic card, which conveniently enough DT sells, and would also fit in your wallet for convenience :sunglasses: I haven’t looked but I’m also sure that places like amazon or ebay would have some similar version of a HF/LF detector for not too much money.

Edit: after like 5 minutes I found an overpriced but still kinda cheap DT diagnostic card on amazon CA from DT themselves

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B01M1BQDXO/ref=dp_olp_afts?ie=UTF8&condition=all

I carry one with me every day in my wallet, for that exact reason.

1 Like

I won’t be in BC anytime soon but thanks for the offer. I was gonna get one of those cards regardless but since I won’t be able to test the readers at my school for at least another month this might put my plans on hold for now.

No problem! I’m also interested to find out what kind of readers my school will have when I start up this fall, it’s always fun to find a new application for your chips

so I finally got my proxmark and scanned my student ID and it turns out it is a HF card, I tried scanning it on both LF and HF and it only finds it on HF. No idea why it doesn’t work on my phone but this is what I get.

I have no idea what this means but there’s no UID and doesn’t seem easy to clone if even possible, am I wrong?

funny enough this card seems more secure then my other school’s ID card which also had a pay system

Yeah, bad news. It’s an iClass tag, which is possibly cloneable with an advanced attack, but there are no implants that can have an iClass credentials written to them.

At this point, i think you’re out of luck.

well shit, there goes all my plans. its really annoying when you consider my old school cards use mifare classic 1k which is apparently pretty easy to clone and they used the cards for both access control and payments

Yeah, Mifare classic are pretty trivial. It’s for that exact reason they don’t do things that way anymore.

Not the sort of card you want to issue when misuse results in real world financial impacts.

Do you remember if it was 7-byte UID or 4 - byte NUID ?
The 4 - byte you could have, The 7 Byte you couldn’t

Not off the top of my head, not that it would matter since I wouldn’t get an implant for it anyways because the only time I actually used my student card at that school was to verify my identity when taking tests