Question about writing to SIID with NFC Tools

Well you are obviously able to couple well with the SIID since you managed to write a new record to it. I take it there was no green hint from the light even when writing to it?

Yeah I can write and read just fine, but the light is not green, I’m afraid it could be the amber one which is why it’s so dim and has no color and definitely not the one I wanted.

Definitely doesn’t look like mine, but a sample of 1 is not to be relied on.

Seems like a thing for @amal and/or @mdanger to look at.

1 Like

I haven’t actually seen an amber, your photos are quite dark.

you have confirmed that it is xSIID
and it is reading fine…I think we may need to wait a little longer for it to heal, but I would have expected to see at least a hint of green in it.
Just to have your ducks lined up, can you check that your invoice says green.

Don’t get too stressed, currently you have a working xSIID and I guarantee you that
@amal or @mdanger to come to the rescue when they see this.

Alternatively

Use the method I said above to contact them, and put in your order/invoice number and maybe a link to this thread

1 Like

You can read this while you wait

1 Like

Thank you for your help and suggestions, it is appreciated. The invoice and the box both said green. This would be the second mix-up with this same order if I was sent the wrong color. I was originally sent the wrong chip all together. The Next was shipped to me by accident and Amal personally made sure they got the green SIID to me, if it’s not actually green it just really bums me out.

Interesting, never really noticed before, I have never seen that angle discussed for an iPhone.

Yeah it seems i was sent the amber in the green box, because mine lights up that color pictured above dimly. :frowning: I’m pretty sad about it because it would have been my last choice of colors

Understandable, If I were in your shoes, I would be a little disappointed, but mistakes happen, But knowing how good their customer service is, I would sit back and wait for my replacement and thinking how it actually worked out in my favour and whereabouts in my other hand I will put the new one.
(I can’t speak for DT, but there’s a good chance you will be getting an extra one for free) most of us would “kill” for a 2 for the price of one deal.
Double the Storage and double the Blinky half the price.
That’s a win in my books

That angle technically ‘works’ on my 11 Pro. It’s unreliable and finicky. It does look great in a promo image though, so it’s got that going for it…

2 Likes

Yeah I was going to save the other hand for Apex, whenever that drops, and I would be too nervous to pull this one out and replace it in one sitting, probably wouldn’t feel so great.

It’s been like days since implantation. I would still wait a week and see what happens.

EDIT: a day. I know we’re the instant gratification generation, but that doesn’t mean we need to act like it

1 Like

Not going to weigh in on whether it’s wrong or how DT may fix it if there is an issue. But just something to consider:

Implant Sutra - An index of implant positions that have been discussed and/or tried

I have 3 on my right side ATM, and plenty of others in line. I think Vicarious is up too 24 or something like that.

So in the end replacement and the other hand are not the only options.

Hmm it’s not looking good. Do you happen to have the xSIID pouch it came in still? There should be a colored dot on the back that indicates color… a green dot should have been in the back of the pouch. Do you remember if this was the case?

Here is the pouch, there was no dot of any color on it.

Do you still have the white sterile pouch that the actual injector came in?

No I believe that was thrown out by the installer.

yeah the color dot would have been on the sterilization pouch the injector came in… but this looks like it’s a red LED… we can ship you a free green once they are back in stock… but my concern is finding out where the problem was… did a green marked pouch have a red LED xSIID inside, or did we accidentally ship you a red marked pouch.

Yeah I didn’t get a chance to look at the pouch, because I gave the whole box to the installer. I’m also pretty sure it’s the amber color, in real life it doesn’t look red, it’s definitely a faint white / yellowish color. I wrote to the support email about this too, maybe instead of sending another chip we could do some sort of refund situation. I don’t really want 2 SIIDs and can’t imagine having to swap the one that’s already in me.

Let me know what’s possible.

1 Like

i didn’t see the email but if you go to the site and click the floaty help button thing and submit that way i can assign to Michelle so we can sort you out.

2 Likes