Question about writing to SIID with NFC Tools

Almost certainly swelling or pooled blood, take a picture and post would help alot.

2 Likes

It was kinda hard to get a good quality pic. But Iā€™m really afraid this was not the green light it was supposed to be, itā€™s not bright at all and not green at all. What do you guys think?

We might need @amal to have a look at that.

While you wait, could you please download
TagInfo by NXP
and scan it then and share the page info

Is this the correct page?

1 Like

Yes but the tag seemed to be taken away too soon. See how it said aborted: tag disappeared.

1 Like

I rescanned

1 Like

Well you are obviously able to couple well with the SIID since you managed to write a new record to it. I take it there was no green hint from the light even when writing to it?

Yeah I can write and read just fine, but the light is not green, Iā€™m afraid it could be the amber one which is why itā€™s so dim and has no color and definitely not the one I wanted.

Definitely doesnā€™t look like mine, but a sample of 1 is not to be relied on.

Seems like a thing for @amal and/or @mdanger to look at.

1 Like

I havenā€™t actually seen an amber, your photos are quite dark.

you have confirmed that it is xSIID
and it is reading fineā€¦I think we may need to wait a little longer for it to heal, but I would have expected to see at least a hint of green in it.
Just to have your ducks lined up, can you check that your invoice says green.

Donā€™t get too stressed, currently you have a working xSIID and I guarantee you that
@amal or @mdanger to come to the rescue when they see this.

Alternatively

Use the method I said above to contact them, and put in your order/invoice number and maybe a link to this thread

1 Like

You can read this while you wait

1 Like

Thank you for your help and suggestions, it is appreciated. The invoice and the box both said green. This would be the second mix-up with this same order if I was sent the wrong color. I was originally sent the wrong chip all together. The Next was shipped to me by accident and Amal personally made sure they got the green SIID to me, if itā€™s not actually green it just really bums me out.

Interesting, never really noticed before, I have never seen that angle discussed for an iPhone.

Yeah it seems i was sent the amber in the green box, because mine lights up that color pictured above dimly. :frowning: Iā€™m pretty sad about it because it would have been my last choice of colors

Understandable, If I were in your shoes, I would be a little disappointed, but mistakes happen, But knowing how good their customer service is, I would sit back and wait for my replacement and thinking how it actually worked out in my favour and whereabouts in my other hand I will put the new one.
(I canā€™t speak for DT, but thereā€™s a good chance you will be getting an extra one for free) most of us would ā€œkillā€ for a 2 for the price of one deal.
Double the Storage and double the Blinky half the price.
Thatā€™s a win in my books

That angle technically ā€˜worksā€™ on my 11 Pro. Itā€™s unreliable and finicky. It does look great in a promo image though, so itā€™s got that going for itā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah I was going to save the other hand for Apex, whenever that drops, and I would be too nervous to pull this one out and replace it in one sitting, probably wouldnā€™t feel so great.

Itā€™s been like days since implantation. I would still wait a week and see what happens.

EDIT: a day. I know weā€™re the instant gratification generation, but that doesnā€™t mean we need to act like it

1 Like

Not going to weigh in on whether itā€™s wrong or how DT may fix it if there is an issue. But just something to consider:

Implant Sutra - An index of implant positions that have been discussed and/or tried

I have 3 on my right side ATM, and plenty of others in line. I think Vicarious is up too 24 or something like that.

So in the end replacement and the other hand are not the only options.

Hmm itā€™s not looking good. Do you happen to have the xSIID pouch it came in still? There should be a colored dot on the back that indicates colorā€¦ a green dot should have been in the back of the pouch. Do you remember if this was the case?