Question re: NFC & Incognito URLs

Just wondering when it comes to scanning a tag that points to a URL, is there a way to get that URL to launch in a private/incognito window? Some kind of prefix or something that works regardless of browser?

Will it be the same browser each time?

Probably not, which I’m sure makes it a probable “nope, can’t do it”.

Scenario is just using a tag to redirect it a business URL that people may not want in their history. Nothing illegal, nothing sketchy. It’s not crucial that it launch incognito, I was just wondering if there might be a way to do it cuz that’d be a bonus.

Even with just one browser I don’t think there is a way. at least it’s not documented in the chrome docs. Just how to open a webpage with it over other browsers.

1 Like

With chrome it think you could potentially call the application, give the url and give it an incognito flag

2 Likes

Mmm, I didn’t think there was much chance. Thanks for the input though, much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

The chrome url schema is googlechrome:\\navigate?url=forum.dangerousthings.com
Tried a few extra flags but no E worked and couldn’t find any documented.

2 Likes

There is a way I think, but you kinda need to make your own NFC reader native app. Only there you will have some control over low level features. It would require some of leg work to make it cross-browser, tho.

1 Like

There is but the intention is for random people scanning it not @anon2520759’s phone.

Well they would need the nfc reader app he made that opens urls in incognito. So custom app for custom functionality.

1 Like

Correct, that was the point I was trying to make :sweat_smile: that a custom app would not suit this usecase. Unless to share his business url he first wants them to go install an app :sweat_smile: maybe another implant for that URL.

1 Like

Whats the plan? Why do you want incognito specifically, I’m wondering if you could use another solution

1 Like

This I think @Devilclarke.

1 Like

Lol sorry totally missed it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Could you use a shortened link so that showed instead? Or could you deliberately obfuscate the url?

No one judges here. But some people might not want “local buttplug fitter” in their history ya know.

1 Like

Fortunately, browsers are under users control… most of the time… :smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I think I’ll probably just go with a vcard instead. Cheers everyone!

4 Likes

I’d also suggest a landing page. Just whip up something in google sites that has a big button that clearly states that it will take you to the site. Add in your contact info beneath, and you’ve got it.

1 Like

The plan for Spark 2 is to eventually support “one time scan” capabilities… this means someone can scan your Spark 2, which is set to “share your profile”, so they see your info… but they cannot reload that page or forward it… it will truly be a point in time display of information. Does that address your original concern?

2 Likes