Questions on Initial Setup on Access Controller V2 (Newbie)

And yes. You could do it this way. My preference is to put the relay (built into the controller) onto the positive wire, but either will work. I use positive because I always wire things the same way, which makes it easier if I have to make changes to something months or years later.

I figured that side steps the question of can the controller’s relay handle 12v?

Since it’s doing the negative side instead?

I’ll take it! haha.
I don’t want to try it the other way, cause my luck isn’t known to be so good! haha.

But I have two backups on the way, maybe i’ll try it the other way on one of those…

Thanks again!

I’m going to go look for some pre programmed wrist bands and hope they work with the access controller!

No. It is a circuit. Whether you put the relay on positive or negative wires to the magnet, a 12 volt current will still flow across the relay.

1 Like

Oh! Shoot. I didn’t know that.
Thanks!

Now i’m trying to figure out how to hook up the exit switch…
I’m thinking I’ll put it with the NC (Blue) from the controller and the neg side of the magnet?
Hmmm

Looks like it goes inline with the pos wire to the magnet. But my switch is NO only, so I’m having to get others. But yay!!

The exit switch will depend on whether it is normally open or closed. If it is closed then putting it on either wire to the magnet will work.

If it is normally open, then it won’t work with your set up.

I just use KiCAD to make things look nice.

Also note that the xACv2 has a jumper to connect the COM terminal to GND or +12V.

1 Like

Thanks guys!