Recommended knockoff Proxmark3?

Hey all. I’ve seen folks recommend getting non-official Proxmark3 kits - the $60 knockoffs are undoubtedly lower quality, but seem good enough for basic poking around. A quick scan of Alibaba and eBay shows many, many options. Does anyone have a recommended vendor, or any horror-story vendors to avoid? Thanks!

I’ve looked into this and decided to order one of the cheap ones. I’ve not received it yet. The seller claimed to be local with quick delivery, but I suspect it’s coming from China as it’s well overdue.

I suspect the negative attitude and suggestion that support for the 3 Easy is soon to be dropped, is just down to desire to sell more of the expensive versions. The downside of a good open source project - someone else rides on your reputation and makes money out of it!

The “proper” ones definitely look much better and if I needed one for serious work then that’s what I’d go for. For a little bit of mucking about I suspect the eBay version will be fine. I’ll post more when (if) it ever turns up.

Curious if anyone’s learned anything about this recently. I believe there is a Proxmark I could get a hold of if I really needed but it’s quite a bit of work and would probably be easier to buy a $70 3easy clone off ebay. THat’s assuming it works and works well.