Rfid doorknob lock?

Hi! I’m looking for a doorknob with an RFID lock, preferably that works with the xEM but totally down to get a second tag if needed. I live in an apartment and am not allowed to make any lasting changes to it(I.e. drilling new holes in doors), but recent circumstances have lead me to want a lock on my bedroom door. So, I’m looking for a rfid lock that can simply replace the existing doorknob.

1 Like

Do you use your xEM in HID or EM mode?

1 Like

There are a few options online you can find for “rfid door lock” but a lot are junk. I’ve tested this one before and it seems to work pretty well; https://www.thequicklock.com/product-doorlock.php

This door lock only works with ISO15693 chips though, so you’ll need to get a VivoKey Spark - dngr.us/vivokey-spark

2 Likes

I have the xnt in my hand and i have the CES doorlock omega flex worjs perfect

2 Likes

I recently came across that lock. Tried looking on their website to see if there is an option for external emergency power.

Is there on your one? or a physical override?
Thanks

1 Like

There is no external power and no override
Well no normal override (locksmith can always open it)
But the battery will flash orange/green for 2 months everytime u unlock the door if the batt is running low and then red.
So as soon as u see orange… change the batt. Ps. I did 1.5 years with 1 batt. Open close about 8 times a day .

1 Like

Appreciate the info. Recently got the NExT myself and started looking into upgrading my access.
I’m limited to cylinder options because of the uPVC door I have.

How long have you had your lock if you don’t mind?

1 Like

The lock is 1.6 years old

1 Like

Thanks, might consider that lock.

1 Like

How did you program it? I’ve used white fob, black fob, white fob (to get it into Admin mode). Then black fob, xNT (NExT), then black fob. It doesn’t seem to take it though.

I’m trying to work from these ‘instructions’ https://storage.googleapis.com/ces-neos-ressources/e76bd05164bd458f994fe725461d1f8d1db3b2bd/BRO1091_ML_Kurzanleitung_Home%20%26%20Office%20Set_VD1_O.pdf

1 Like

I think the problem is that the “new” version of the lock has desfire protocol active.

Please contact ces in your country to get them to deactivate the “desfire protocol” since your xnt does not has desfire.

Ces can delete the protocol from the lock and then it works flawless

2 Likes

1 Like

Any chance you could post an update later when you get it sorted?

I intend to get one through DigiWell here in Europe in the next few weeks

1 Like

Do you know any UK suppliers? I’m just shipping this one back with ebay 30 day refund and ordering a new non-desfire version.

1 Like

What they said to me when I emailed them a while back (eBay didn’t let me specify classic mode) …

We get these requests from time to time, from people with implants like you.

The products read Mifare and Legic transponders, either in DESfire/advent mode or classic, according to order. We have to stress that we cannot guarantee that your implant will work with our device.

We can only guarantee this for our own transponders.

Of course you are free to order an ILS. I would recommend an offline version with card programming.

1 Like

I ordered my NeXT from DigiWell who, as far as I know, are official resellers for the EU and are based in Germany. I got mine delivered to Ireland fairly quickly, probably quicker for you in the UK.

I might email them before I order it as well just to be sure when I get around to it.

1 Like