RFiid Failure in next chip and wearable

Hello all,

I have a next rfid/nfc implant as well as the similar wearable ring (rfid tf5577 or such) its been a while since I’ve fiddled with either but recently had an opportunity to write a pretty standard HiD card to them but have been unable to read from or write to either chip. I normally use my flipper to mess with the rfid side of them and am wondering if anyone else has had similar problems or of there are common scenarios that could cause these chips to fail that I havent found in the forums yet. I should mention that the nfc side of both still works flawlessly and that only my implant has ever had data written to it. I do not have a proxmark or comparable reader outside of the flipper to troubleshoot this problem. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

This needs to be expanded quite a lot before any help can be offered. I can only guess at what exactly happened here, but it sounds like you somehow used something other than a flipper to try to clone an HID card to two different T5577 chips, and now neither are working (after the clone attempt). Sounds to me like whatever mystery machine you used to do the clone with screwed up the configuration of both T5577 chips.

• What exactly did you do (in chronological order)
  • What machine / devices were involved?
  • Do you have a proxmark3 device to attempt recovery with?

Edit just to clean this up in general.

First off, thanks for the reply ^-^

To address the questions specifically:

1. First I would read the card on the flipper and save it. Then I would write the info to the chip. In this case it would have been the ring. At the time it functioned perfectly and when I would occasionally show it off by reading the chip with the flipper it would read just fine with the ring and the chip. I’m not sure if I ever actually wrote to the chip as I had the ring before the chip.

2. The devices involved were the flipper (for RFID) and my phone (for NFC which still functions just fine.

3. Sadly I do not have a proxmark to further test the failure or attempt recovery. Though this may prove to be a perfect excuse to finally get one.

My main questions would be:
What are common failure scenarios?

Are there any specific resources I can explore that would not require a proxmark to aid troubleshooting?

And finally, are there any weird environmental factors that could influence the data on the chips?

Again though, thanks for the quick response and sorry for the unorganized response I had first time round ^-^