Samsung Ezon Problem

I’ve had this kind of problem on many Samsung Ezon locks. I think the bolt is getting bound and the motor cannot overcome the friction so it thinks the lock is not aligned and retracts the bolt.

The first thing you should do is put some lubrication on the bolt. Work the bolt back and forth manually so that it’s fully lubricated internally.

The next thing you should do is adjust the tension on the three mount screws that hold the back plate to the front plate. If they are too tight then you will create a binding friction on the bolt rotation mechanism. The plates that mount the lock to the door should have just enough tension to keep the lock firmly on the door but not so much that it creates an alignment problem for the rotator pin that extends from the lock mechanical actuator to the bolt itself.

Oh dang it… I just saw the video. Yeah that seems like a problem with the gear that actuates the rotator. To find out what’s going on you might have to take it apart further and see if there’s any broken parts or something has come off of a post.

1 Like

What did I miss? It does make a sound like it’s got a missing tooth but didn’t see anything, seemed to be working perfectly fine.

Chances are a screw holding a gear in place is loose and so it’s not skimming a tooth it’s just like running underneath the gear… at least that’s what it seems like to me.

Thanks all. I’ve got a temp lock to put on while I try to take this apart further. If this isn’t something I can fix, can anyone recommend a good replacement that’s compatible with the xNT? I’m rather fond of this style lock.

have you checked

Briefly. I’m a little confused why the flexNT would work for some but the xNT won’t. Honestly it seems like unless I get the same lock I’m kinda screwed

I don’t see that anywhere in the doc but I assume it would have to do with range. Flexes are much easier to read for weak readers.

2 Likes

I don’t see a anything where the flex and x differ. I see a TBC but that’s it.

Maybe I shouldn’t interpret blank as incompatible? Looks like the flex and next would work for these where the xNT is blank. If the next works, I guess it would make sense for the xNT to work.

The blank is untested, so it may or may not work.

2 Likes

Doesn’t exactly give me warm fuzzies when spending a couple hundred dollars on a lock :joy:

2 Likes

You’ll get to fill one of those empty cells if that’s any consolation :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Well this sucks. I can’t even buy a replacement Ezon. It’s all out of stock and it doesn’t look like anything else on the spreadsheet can really replace it.

Bummer! What is the exact model?

Shs3321

Let me check around… I may have a bum lock with good gears… I’ll let you know

3 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate it

1 Like

What about this one?