Saving ethereum Privatekeys on an RFID chip

So now just recently i played around wth a raspberryPi and an rfid kit.
The problem I tried to solve was to save an ethereum privatekey onto an rfid tag and than use it to send a transaction.

Which of course was succesfull.
here is my video if you want to do it yourself.

I pretty new to rfid tags so, if i fucked up anywhere in the video, well, im still learning.

However and this is why Im here, how can we take this to the next level.
People could just save their privatekey onto an rfid chip wrap it with an rfid blocker and than hide it somewhere.
Or and this would be the billion dollar idea.
Make it mainstream to use this method of savng your privatekey onto a chip implant and than use it as a regular wallet , just for spending purpose.
Most people wouldnt carry all of their belongings in a wallet, so you have an account for saving and a wallet for spending.

Is there an rfid blocker for implants, i guess if you wear a metallic glove, this would do the trick, but are there better ways to block an implant from malicious rfid readers?

And than since you sign an ethereum transaction with your privatekey, the POS terminals would have to be opensource and trusted, because otherwise you could also sign malicious transactions.

So the safty concern is kind of big

2 Likes

It is never recommended to store a private key on an element that has zero security. The whole point of public/private keypairs is you NEVER share you private key with anyone. You use it so you don’t have to trust the terminal as the transaction is signed on your own hardware and what you make public is only the signed transaction.
That is where the Vivokey implants come in that can run applets that can do things like sign and encrypt using public/private keypairs right in the chip without ever transmitting the private key.

2 Likes

ok, so something like this exists already nice
you think they can send me a testkit?

The VivoKey Apex will be out soon™️, and it can run applets.

4 Likes

Encryption!
Encrypt your key, teach your readers how to decrypt it and you’re done.

2 Likes