Sealed quartz glass tube

Well SnarkBe you are in the ballpark. The quartz tube is only for durability. I will he implanting two such tubes at the same time. Look at the photograph. After look up what makes the color in smoky quartz. Why did the tube turn brown and in certain places black?

2 Likes

The characteristic color of smoky quartz occurs in nature when rock crystal quartz is exposed to natural radiation from radioactive elements or adjacent radioactive rocks over long periods of time. The process by which this occurs is not completely understood, although it is known that exposure of transparent quartz to radiation can alter the oxidation states of impurities in the quartz structure resulting in the characteristic colors of smoky quartz. Subsequent heating reverses this process. Rock crystal specimens are synthetically irradiated to smoky quartz for commercial purposes.

Sooo… you are implanting some burnt quartz. Are you sure this isn’t a woo woo crystal healing thing?

6 Likes

Okay nothing is new age BS. I can tell you the thing emits gamma rays. Part of the material in it is radioactive and I will be implanting that way. The one I showed you is only one of only two I will be implanting. The only reason I used quartz tubing is for strenth. I could have used borosilicate glass or even a plastic.

2 Likes

Good Luck
Let us know if it works!

4 Likes

Have you tested this theory? The snippet I pulled says that it has been exposed to radiation and that’s what cause the “smokey” color, not that the coloration itself is radioactive…

In any case, if you want to send me one for testing with a real radiometer, I’d be happy to do that.

Final question… Why do you want gamma rays emitted inside you? What’s the point?

2 Likes

I thought I nailed it :hammer:

I guess there COULD be another reason…?

4 Likes

Where are you going to implant them ?

1 Like

Hey @Pichiman

Just checking in. Are you okay? How did it go

3 Likes

@Satur9
Did you get dragged back here because @NiamhAstra JUST liked your message during his reading marathon?
I was going to ask @Pichiman the same thing after @NiamhAstra liked my post also!

It’s been a few months, I hope he hasn’t Hulked out

4 Likes

giphy-7

I feel guilty now… I must drag a lot of people into the past…

2 Likes

You really want a hulk implant don’t you?

2 Likes

2 Likes