Sensing magnet sold by dangerous

I was wondering if anyone knows the Gauss of magnets sold by Dangerous things, around 2015/2016?

Here are my lab notes from back then;

haworth (w/o silicone 3.2mm x 1.65mm, with silicone 4.1mm x 2.8mm)

• 1.850 (in silicone)
  • 3.231 (out of silicone)

m31 (3mm x 1mm)

• 3.083 (out of silicone)

The gauss rating of the m31 at the surface has been measured on sample units from between 2800 to 3000 gauss, or 0.28T to 0.3T (t=tesla). We’ve used both axial and transverse measurements.

By comparison, we tested a haworth magnet coated in silicone and at the surface of the silicone I measured 1700 gauss or 0.17T. However, once I removed the silicone, the magnet surface gauss was 3100 gauss, so slightly more than the m31… but… the magnet was also larger. In silicone the haworth magnet is 4.1mm x 2.8mm, while the core magnet inside is 3.2mm x 1.65mm. Compared to the m31’s 3mm x 1mm design, that extra 100 gauss is clearly not worth the extra size or added bulk of the silicone coating.

Thank you! I was trying to figure out if there was a more powerful magnet for my finger. I bought from you, which means I have the M31. Which if I read all that correctly, I have the most powerful.

As always, I appreciate your time!

1 Like
https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/the-current-word-on-magnet-implants

Thanks once again Amal for putting customers safety and transparency first and foremost.

It’s things like this that make me trust the DangerousThings company and happy to buy current and future projects off.

6 Likes