Signal crossover

Would I have many issues with signal crossover or a scanner scanning the wrong implant if I have a x series in webbing of hand and a flex nfc tag at top of same hand in the middle?

First, a comment: you only need to worry about signal collision if the frequencies are the same. The flexNT and flexDF are both high frequency (13.56 MHz). The x-Series comes in both low frequency (125kHz) on the xEM and xBT, and high frequency on the xNT, xM1+, and xIC (double check me on the xBT and xIC, but I’m pretty sure.) If your chips are different frequencies, you don’t need to have any concerns.

Assuming both chips are using the same frequency, you could potentially have issues. With the x-Series the coupling distances are very short (I generally have to have the reader directly against the implant) while the flex implants can have a few centimeters range. Personally, in my left hand I have an xNT in the webbing between my thumb and pointer, as well as a flexDF on the back of my hand above the tendon in my pinky finger (so on the far side of the hand.) Very rarely have I had an issue, although I do use the xNT for logging in to my laptop (with the awesome Dangerous KBR1!!) and occasionally have had to scan twice because the KBR1 has slightly preferred to read the flexDF (with its better read distance) than the xNT.

Anyway tl;dr, probably not.

Thank you so much planning on gettin different frequency for the x series implant! I was thinking of the flex on like the middle of the back of my hand! How has it been for you on far end under pinky finger?

Just to chime in here, @mercrutio is absolutely correct… I just wanted to point out that most 13.56mhz chips are designed with anti-collision as a feature. This means there will not be any “interference”… both chips can be in the field and be read just fine because they are designed to be. What you might get though is unexpected results from readers and software not designed to properly accommodate multiple chips in the field. Most commonly this results in one being read and the other or others not being read.

The best way to control this is to ensure you control your presentation of the chip to reader. Most readers will not have a problem picking up one only one chip if the xNT is between the thumb and index metacarpal, and the other device is several centimeters away.