Solar-powered Amal

they are all working on this solution for electric cars… so i think it’ll happen… then it’s just a matter of getting someone to make it reeaaallly fuckin small.

1 Like

We could crowdsource a bribe if need be.

3 Likes

Solidstate ultra caps but you still need a very compact high efficiency step up/down voltage regulator.
For small limited production runs this seems too expensive to do. Perhaps mass produced subminature products could be incorporated or modified.

The idea of holding a phone on the implant for a minute or two for a charge is compelling…

I am well over 6 foot.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Amal has some Jötunn blood because I’m 1.85m tall and he has a whole head on me

1 Like

Uuh… you guys do what you want, it’s cool. But I’m not sure I wanted that image in my mind :wink:

2 Likes

Found while cleaning out junk…

4 Likes

I imagine that’s the sort of thing a really creepy fan would love to have :rofl:

No not me.

haha was going to toss it but wife wants to keep it in a “memento box” :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Speaking of which, if you ever want to toss those blue tritium thing you have(or sell them based on price), let me know. I am ordering a kbr in the next few days.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t something like a thermoelectric generator be more efficient than a solar cell?

1 Like

I think these work on temperature differences. So I doubt it would work for an implant surrounded by warm flesh.

and also the body reacts pretty quickly to handle heat loss… blood vessels get smaller etc…

That said, it’s not been tested… hmmm…

1 Like

I feel like implanting one would either make it function significantly better or worse than it would normally. I guess it just depends on how thermally conductive skin is.

You wife is pretty cool. Mine would’ve asked me to loose that horrible blood-stained thing in the cupboard because it gives her the creeps.

Then again, I suppose one would have to be pretty cool with gory things to be married to someone in your line of business :wink:

2 Likes

Just picturing @amal pull out a scalpel, get down on one knee and proceed to remove the engagement ring from his forearm to propose.

1 Like

Haha actually I wound a “ring” out of a single reed of grass from a camping site we stayed at when we talked about our future… gave it to her on a beach at midnight while a couple practiced tango under a single streetlight. I never thought much of it but she seems to think it was pretty nice. I mean, after years of media saying I gave her an “engagement chip”, it was only inevitable.

5 Likes

Tritium? You did see that guys post, right?

2 Likes

I once met a guy in a bar who told me:

“I bought a really shitty ring at the local pawn shop and proposed right there and then. She said yes.”
“Really?” I said. “I don’t mean do be rude, but if I had been your wife, I’d have run away cuz… ya know, that’s kind of ghetto.”
“Yeah, but her wheelchair battery had run out.”