Spark vs Apex + question

It really just means what it sounds like. The chip can run touring complete software. You can code an application in Java card and deploy it to the chip over NFC. Those applications will run on the chip autonomously and separately from any online platform like VivoKey. This means the applications you deploy to the chip are entirely separate from anything to do with us. It also means if something doesn’t exist that you want to run on the chip, it can be created by you or someone else.

A great example is the Tesla keycard applet. It didn’t exist, until someone reverse engineered the key card application, then it did.

Another example is storage of public-private key pairs and on-chip encryption algorithms. By generating these key pairs in the chip, and never releasing the private key from the chip, and performing encryption and decryption functions in the chip, you can rest assured that no third party has the private key. This is useful for everything from Bitcoin wallets to U2F and Fido authentication applications.

5 Likes

I got a couple of new questions for you guys (I won’t create a new topic - should I next time?)
Anyway, the first question is; I’m a noob about not only microchips but almost everything - even if i learn pretty fast - is that a problem? Like almost all the noobs I own a Mac; can I do everything or should i have a windows? where can i learn how to use, program, etc. on Mac OS?
Thank you

As far as I understand you can do pretty much everything you need to on a mac.

1 Like

That sounds terrific! Do you know any place where I can learn from? I tried on YT but I cant find much

There is not much information on youtube but you can read through the wikis here on the forum. What tools do you have to play around with? Do you have an acr122u or proxmark3? or are you just looking to do some fun stuff with your phone?

More specifically, do you have a goal set for what you would like to do? I personally am a hands on learner so being able to poke around and potentially brick things is important.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, there’s basically nothing on YT.
I don’t have anything so far, I’m learning before buying my chip. I want to know if I just want one or if I actually need one.

My goal however would be to automate my life. Unlock and lock stuff, start and stop my cars and do more stuff day by day.

To answer your question, at the beginning I would just play around with my phone but I’m trying to learn as much as I can about the PM3 because from what I learned I’ll need it to clone my badges and stuff like that, won’t I?

For cloning most LF tags you can use a blue cloner.
For cloning HF an ACR122U should work however, I do not know if the software is easy to use on mac.

The Proxmark3 is a really wonderful tool that can do both. It allows you to do a huge amount of stuff and really get into the nitty gritty bits of rfid. The proxmark just has a little bit of a learning curve to it.

You can probably get started pretty cheap by getting some ntag216 or ntag215 tags off of amazon. Those can be used with your phone and you can do a whole lot with them. As for the start stop on a car you may find The CaRFID thread to be of interest.

2 Likes

No no please dont. Spend the extra 30 bucks and get a proxmark3 easy so you dont risk breaking your implant. That would not be fun. You really don’t want to upgrade your implant to an xBrick in order to save a few dollars. :frowning:

1 Like

Haha, I believe you have coined a new term here on the forum
I likes it
:+1:

5 Likes

Thank you guys you’re awesome!

1 Like

I would definitely recommend ntag216 over 215 just because the 215s can be used to clone Amiibo, so the prices are generally a lot higher.

1 Like

Can anyone send me a good PM3 video tutorial (it would be nice on Mac OS) and the NExT chip? Thank you guys

Is this, like, “will remain disabled, sorry” or more like “will remain disabled :wink:

Because the payment networks have control over what they allow. Otherwise people would just make their own “credit cards” all the time.

1 Like

sorry

3 Likes

@amal
Hey guys how you doing today? Just got my microchips. Please send and tell me whatever can help me starting and learning. Anything useful and something “stupid” I can start with

I am assuming because you are asking in this thread, you have both a Spark 2 and a NExT?
Do you use an access system? Work / home / school?
If so we will need more information…

Do you have an NFC enabled phone?
Have you downlaoded any NFC Apps? NFC Tools , TagWriter are good ones to start with.

If you have a Spark, Have you Downloaded the Vivokey App?

Do you have any reader / wirters such as the ProxMark3 or a Blue cloner etc?

What do you WANT to do with your implants?

Welcome to the “One Of Us” Club!!! You could always start with the computer login using the KBR1 or the ACR122 with Rohos. :wink:

3 Likes

My microchips are coming but yeah you’re assuming right.

So far I downloaded both NFC tool and vivokey.
At my university we have an access system but it works by sliding a card - may be there any chance to clone it on the NExT?

I’d like to give you more information but my university is in the US and I’m currently in Italy for the summer.

Finally I don’t have a PM3 but I’m planning to buy it soon. (I’d need some help tho because it looks hard to understand, doesn’t it?)

Then what I want…let’s say that I bought them because I want to learn about them. And in order to do that I thought the best idea was to try them on myself. At the beginning I’d like to understand them, understand what they can do and how. I’d like to learn about copying/cloning access cards in order to throw them away and just use my chips.

Question for you:
What can I want to do with them?

Thank you guys btw

1 Like

Doubtful. Sounds like a magstripe thing rather then contactless unfortunately.

It’s actually super easy to get the hang of. There’s tutorials all over the internet. Even here on the forums. Just make sure you have some test cards to try stuff on first until you build confidence.

You can do a ton! Look around the forums here, especially the projects section, for some great ideas.

2 Likes