Starting out: Accessories needed & Installation

Hey everyone
After lurking here for 5 months, I finally get to implant my NExT on the weekend :slight_smile: (Thank you China for the delay…)

Quick question: 5 days after the install I’d have a shooting session (pistol & rifle) in a dynamic/tactical/whatever way. Read: Not standing stationary at the loading bench :wink:
Should I cancel the session to allow my hand to heal or is this a non-issue?

PS: My Proxmark Pro was able to program the LF side of the implant, while it was still in the syringe, not the HF side though. Write-up of the Proxmark Pro follows after my install :wink:

1 Like

Congrats and welcome!

Lol wtf are you talking about

I’m an implantee and a semi regular shooter. Five days is a good amount of time for the external wound to have healed up. Maybe put a bandage back on during the session to keep dust out. For the rifles you shouldn’t have many issues. Downward pressure is okay. You’re trying to avoid sliding pressure that would tear the tissue that is encapsulating the implant and push it away from the install spot towards a bone. The little “tongue” on the back of some semi-auto pistols could push on your implant in an undesirable way. I’d wear gloves with padding if you have any.

1 Like

Haha thank you! It’s about time to be honest :slight_smile:

I meant the Corona related lockdown and closing of installers and stuff. Just some China bashing to be truthful :wink:

Good input! Then I’ll be fine, as the implant goes into my support hand. Bandage and gloves are great advice!

2 Likes