First off, thank you very much for having an awesome tone and friendliness in this forum! It’s something to be proud of
Last week I got hooked when I saw the Modern Rogue’s video about RFID implants. So I started researching…
I have scoured the internet for information, but as all Newbies, I still have questions. Thing is, I haven’t really found exact answers for my questions. Feel free to link a post if questions have already been answered.
a) My use cases
- Badge access control / time punching at work
- Windows computer login
- Hotel room access card cloning on vacations
- Paying in stores - Yes, I am aware this is a future thing, possibly added to the Apex that is not released as of yet
- NExT, because the xEM will most likely work for access control / time punching at work and computer login (through PIN). Don’t care so much for the xNT right now, but combining it in the NExT would be the sensible choice
- xM1 for hotel access cards if the NExT doesn’t work
- Apex for payments when it is actually possible
Question: Does my choice for implants sound right?
Okay, to me this is the big one…what do I actually need to make all this work? So far I gathered the following for my shopping basket:
RFID Diagnostic Card to find out what frequency I am dealing with
Dangerous KBR1 RFID Reader for the computer login
NFC capable smartphone for writing to xNT
Blue Cloner for xEM (I have read about the problems) OR
of course the Proxmark3 RDV4 + LF antenna
Question: Is there a dedicated cloner for the xM1, in a similar form factor to the Blue Cloner? Do I really need the Proxmark for basic cloning stuff? No configuring my own IDs or other fancy stuff.
Writing / cloning to the NExT seems straightforward to me, but what about the xM1? Do I really have no other choice than the Proxmark? I actually would not want to lug around a laptop and the Proxmark on vacation, just to clone my hotel card
e) Installation location
- NExT in recommended position between thumb and index finger of my left hand
- Apex (when it’s ready) in recommended position between thumb and index finger of my right hand
- xM1…? To me the blade of my left hand seems a good place, but I’m not sure. Because this is not a recommended location and I’d do my first implants. I read about Jenny(?) with over 20 implants, but I am just starting out
Should I just wait with the xM1? If I’d put it in the same place as the NExT (at least 5mm, yes) wouldn’t there be false readings all the time because it would read the wrong tag?
Also, if I were to put the NExT and the xM1 in the same location, could this be done in one sitting or does the first implant need to heal before the next implant can be put in?
Thank you for reading through this essay and thank you in advance for some insights