Starting to gather supplies for first implant

My NExT imants should - all going well - arrive next week Wednesday. I’ve been reading extensively about hand anatomy and gathering supplies for the implant. I won’t be putting it in the day I get it since that Friday I’m going on a multi day hike. I will be placing it in afterwards. I’ll only be installing one of then first then leaving it for 2 weeks to ensure I won’t get a strange foreign body reaction. Then after that I’ll be implanting the other as well. Pic is my local anaesthetic kit with epinephrine free local anesthetic

Apologies for the dirty table. Before implant I will of course be cleaning and sterilizing everything thoroughly.

I wouldn’t bother with lidocaine for an x-series implant. And that syringe looks…um, interesting…

1 Like

Pain is of course subjective.

so read below purely as my opinion.

If you wouldn’t be too bothered by a bee sting, you shouldn’t be bothered by a NExT implant.
Yes they are bigger than a bee sting :honeybee: but the NExT comes venom free :skull_and_crossbones: and the experience is similar.

It is also similar to giving blood :drop_of_blood: if you are more familiar with that :man_shrugging:t3:

In my humble opinion, you are adding some complexity into something that doesn’t need it.
:syringe:

If you still want to use the epinephrine, you could try one implant with epi and one without, then you will have a baseline for any further implants you may get in the future.

Again, it is just my opinion for what it is worth…

UPDATE
I missed @pac s post above whilst I was typing :keyboard:

yeah, agreed!

Correction. The numbing agent isn’t lidocaine it’s mepivacaine, but same terminal effect.
I’m doing mepivacaine mainly because I have easy enough access to it and just don’t like pain all that much. As for the syringe. It’s actually meant specifically for local anaesthetic and is super nice for it. For one the syringe itself doesn’t have to be super clean to begin with. a wipe down with IPA solution should be good (though I will be putting it into an autoclave for assuredness) since none of the syringe assembly is involved with the administration of the anaesthetic, all that needs to be clean is the needle and the top of the mepivacaine ampule. It’s usually used in dentistry. quite nice though, the syringe has an auto-aspiration function so its easy to tell that you’re not in a vein/artery.

@Pilgrimsmaster

you are adding some complexity into something that doesn’t need it.

While I do agree it’s probably not necessary. On my end at least it’s no real extra complexity. But I do think I will follow what you say and do one with and one without. would be a good thing to see. Then I can report results here.

As for anyone curious about syringe here’s a video of someone using it. I think some of you might find it very useful. especially if you do the implants that require scalpels Local Anesthetic Syringe Assembly - YouTube

edit notes: just added info. nothing deleted, sorry I didn’t keep better track until now

1 Like

:+1:t4:

this mfer got a stimpack

4 Likes

You don’t? Hehehe

I would just do it in one shot, your going to be giving yourself more pain in the long run concurrently vs consecutively… I don’t think you run any increased reaction risk from more than 1 at a time

I even did 2 pretty much next to each other,l L1 and L2 I wondered if that would be an issue… not even remotely

I did 3 my first go, then 6 my next go and it was fine

Also, assuming you’re using a piercer… which is such a good idea… saves cost and time and hassle

I think my piercer did 6 in 10-15 minutes once it was go time and not bullshitting and planning

ELEVATE, ICE, NSAIDs

(Also try not to sleep on it the first night like a certain dumbass lol)

I would just do it in one shot, your going to be giving yourself more pain in the long run concurrently vs consecutively… I don’t think you run any increased reaction risk from more than 1 at a time

While I will be doing that with future implants I get simultaneously. It’s more just to make sure that one in a million reaction doesn’t happen with me. Since if need be removing one is easier. I am aware the bioglass is very safe but I like to always err on the side of caution. Though I reckon everything will be fine since I have also gotten piercings in the past without incident. other reason is my hand will only have a few days to recover before I’m headed innawoods again (though it should be a pretty chilled trip)

Also, assuming you’re using a piercer… which is such a good idea… saves cost and time and hassle

I’m actually not. I’m using either a GP or a dentist. But these options work out cheaper and more hassle free for me since they’re both family members and have both agreed to help if need be. So I’ll just ask whichever is available at the time.

and I’ll try my best not to sleep on it, lol

1 Like

BUT well done you!!

I was worried you might be overwhelmed by the opinions above :arrow_double_up:
It sounds like you have a very good plan.

In fairness, any of those suggestions are viable, including yours.

I’m looking forward to the updates

Yeah I find I get overwhelmed by choices sometimes so generally I try to get a plan and stick to it. Will deffs keep you guys updated.

1 Like

Thanks for this, I’ve been considering something like this, great video.

Also, the implants “hurt” as much as breaking the skin - meaning topical is usually good enough FOR ME when I just wanna stick something in or take something out. For scalpelly stuff, injection is the way to go fo sho.

1 Like

eyes my titan box with gel nervously

3 Likes