Last summer I ordered a Proxmark3 Easy and set it up successfully on a Windows laptop. That laptop is no longer alive and I am trying to get it installed on a Mac laptop. This is a new (as of April) Mac laptop with M2 chip and Ventura installed.
Proxmark3 Easy is installed directly into a USB C port using a USB-C to USB OTG adapter, then a Micro USB - to USB A cable. I can see the device in /dev/tty.usbmodemiceman1
Here’s what I did so far:
- Confirmed Rosetta 2 is installed
- Xcode-select --install
- /bin/bash -c “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)”
- (echo; echo ‘eval “$(/opt/homebrew/bin/brew shellenv)”’) >> /Users/myusername/.zprofile
- eval “$(/opt/homebrew/bin/brew shellenv)”
- brew install xquartz
- brew tap RfidResearchGroup/proxmark3
- brew install proxmark3 --with-generic
All this works. Then I run “pm3” and I get this error:
[=] Session log /Users/myusername/.proxmark3/logs/log_20230619.txt
[=] Using UART port /dev/tty.usbmodemiceman1
[!!] Capabilities structure version sent by Proxmark3 is not the same as the one used by the client!
[!!] Please flash the Proxmark with the same version as the client.
[!!] ERROR: cannot communicate with the Proxmark
Trying to figure out what the proper next step is. I thought by installing the brew with “–with-generic” parameter I’d solve this issue, but clearly not.
Thanks in advance for any help, really need to get this working on my Mac laptop.