Suggestion Box - Dangerous Things

Can’t speak to the orders side of your business (yet :wink:) but the site and forum are both very high quality. I agree with Azflyer’s comment though about creating more permanent reference material on the site. All the information is there for those that enjoy digging for it but I think many more visitors would hang around longer and become more involved if some of the more general RFID knowledge had higher visibility.

3 Likes

OK this is a minuscule website enhancement request for your consideration: Could you make a difference between the favicons from the DT site and the DT forum? A difference in colour maybe? That way when I am slaving away at my computer (see below) and I want to jump to the forum without using trial and error, I can.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 22.39.12

Good point!

1 Like

Now I’m searching for Amal g on OF

3 Likes

ok what do you think?

2 Likes

Perhaps a white background behind it for dark-mode friendliness? (Please :slightly_smiling_face:)

2 Likes

I really like the talk bubble idea but making it oblong reduces the DT icon a little too much (to my eye) and I find it harder to read. How about squaring it up a little…

1 Like

What about using this logo with “forums” inside the black bar? I believe that was done with the home assistant project but with “community”
Screenshot_20230323-232423

the problem is that a favicon is only like 64x64 pixels so there is only so much you can put in there and have it recognizable.

2 Likes

Ah good point

Actually it’s a lot worse than that: favicons are only 16 x 16 pixels. Only the simplest images survive!

2 Likes

It’s black and white. Kiss principle. Invert the colors on one of them.

1 Like

That only means you can tell them apart. The speech bubble tells which is which at a glance. Hiss principle.

2 Likes