The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I can confirm it does grab subtitlesā€¦
Now I have to work out how to choose which which flavour I get.
Latin american Forged In Fire with Spanish Subtitlesā€¦ English would be helpful, since I only understand half of what they are sayingā€¦ Oh well immersive and accelerated learning might be better anyway.

Yeah I quite like JDownloader So Far, Good recommend @CanuckCold
The GUI is dated, but still very usable.

hah I feel like maybe applian puts a GUI over jdownloader and sells it

Yeah that GUI is very old school I wouldnā€™t be surprised if someone basically skinned it and sold it

Amal seems to think so too

@ThexTallxDude, @SammichBrad

It took a while and need the community to improve it butā€¦

4 Likes

I honestly know very little technology now days. The human body is so much more interesting to me, more so than tech. I tried to get into it years ago, when bitcoin was like 20 bucks or so, and I told my then wife, (now ex) that i wasnt to buy a couple thousand usd worth, but she said no, that she divorce me if I did.

Young dumb me, didnā€™t do it.

Sorry, that went off subject, donā€™t really care.

3 Likes

Well, if you think thatā€™s bad, consider this: I did give bitcoin a whirl back when bitcoins werenā€™t even exchangeable for real money. I set up a mining machine, mined quite a few of them for a few days (they came out fast back then with an ordinary PC), tried to do something with them, then concluded it was interesting but kind of pointless and wiped the hard drive. Little did I know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I did a similar thing, right when it was just a cool concept.

3 Likes

I sold nearly all of my bitcoin when it ā€œpeakedā€ around $600 because I needed rent/food money years ago. The remaining tiny fraction of a coin I have is worth almost as much I got from that sale. I was pissed about that for quite some timeā€¦

Donā€™t let the parinoid crowd see this patent :rofl:

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2020060606&tab=PCTDESCRIPTION

1 Like

What are you doing @adiev ???
you changed your Avatar, now you no longer look like captain Planets Ma-Ti aka. HEART
Now more like a side character on Scooby Doo

2078_2

1ddbf1213194bcc1bf2953718e571a07dd8144ba

1 Like

haha! i just felt like changing it to a different self-portrait. felt weird having (practically) a photo of myself while everyone elseā€™s is more illustrative, yā€™know?

but the Ma-Ti cut is still there in full force, donā€™t worry!

1 Like

I hope you are not thinking of goingā€¦

Surely common sense of the organisers will prevail and it will be postponed.
Personally I think people are too optimistic thinking we will be out of this by July /August. I truly hope so, but highly doubt it.

America is not exactly dealing with the Covid outbreak very well. Especially since the reporting doesnā€™t seem to be too accurate and the figures are still horrendousā€¦
25,000 people at one venue (Iā€™m hope there will be a lot less this year IF it happens)

On the positive at least the queues will be shorter and you will have a better chance of getting a DefCon badge, you can take home and clutch whilst you suffer through a fever and flu like symptoms and irreversibly damaging your lungsā€¦ but not before you have shared the potential to others to also experience.

So yay silver lining :cloud_with_lightning:

AAANNNDDDD
go with the rebuttalsā€¦

2 Likes

You just gotta break my heart donā€™t yeah lol
Yeah I probably will not go. Iā€™d honestly would resent myself if I got sick because I wanted to hang out and do some lock picking competitions lol

1 Like

me too buddy, I had a month long Trip planned, and that was week 3 for meā€¦
My work and the government has banned non essential travelā€¦ and DefCon is not on the listā€¦Not that I would go now any way, But there is always next year

If you are easily offended DO NOT look under the blur.
if you do and you are, that is on you and not me.

2448d494eee877e7748599c3e7930385

2 Likes

And if thatā€™s the case where life still exists and you go. Your first beer is on me :joy::joy::joy:

And Iā€™ve used that meme 100s of times :joy::joy::joy::joy: I tend to roll with the darker side of spirituality

1 Like

Yeah, in my every day life, I dont filter like that, at all.
I kinda feel a responsibility on here thoughā€¦especially since there are a majority of Americans on here who can be quiteā€¦passionate about such things.
(generalisation but from the outside of the USA it is one of the things you are known for, and gunsā€¦)

4 Likes

Yeah well I maybe a fat-ish white American but Iā€™m a man of science. And guns.

Merica.

2 Likes

I never said Fatā€¦ :wink:
Yeah, I am basing my judgement on that Documentary I saw ā€œTeam America World Police.ā€

2 Likes

Hahahahahahahaha