The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Felt this, I was in an adult menā€™s size 8 in grade 1 (around the time heelys came out) Will never forgive my parents for not letting me get then now that I wear a 15 4e/16

Also this. Have taken out a ceiling fan at a friendā€™s house and also yeeted a quest controller across my living room because of those devils.

Think Iā€™ve just become accustomed to having my knees on the dashboard of any car Iā€™m not driving.

As a rather large man this doubled as too low but then when you get down to it, itā€™s also not wide enough so you have to decide whether to commit or find somewhere else/stand :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Interesting side note on the height thing. Because Iā€™m on the upper range of height, Itā€™s uncommon ish that I run into people significantly taller than me. Iā€™m just not used to it, and the kicker is that it creeps me out. If youā€™re 6ā€™5" or taller, Iā€™m probably just going to unconciously avoid you.

I found a VERY early pic of Amal
From some biohacking article on accidentā€¦

Should I toss it into the photoshop thread or is that a dick move of some kind?

1 Like

If I found it, I would have shared it without even asking BUT I am a dick

1 Like

I found an even earlier one

images - 2022-10-04T195152.469
done in 2 mins my phone, give me a break

4 Likes

AND earlier again

images - 2022-10-04T200011.282

This only took me 1 min, Hard to believe. I know :wink:

7 Likes

So for me specifically, EDS runs in my family and while I havenā€™t bothered to get diagnosed, all signs point to ā€œyes.ā€ So quality is a huge issue specifically.

Iā€™ve been focusing on glycine the last few months because a number of studies have indicated itā€™s a non-essential amino acid that is conditionally essential because some people donā€™t make enough of it. But itā€™s specifically important for strength and rigidity in all types of collagen.

I added glycine and choline supplements. Glycine has a very short half life in the body but can be synthesized from choline which is an essential nutrient any way. Itā€™s been about 4 months since I added those two. I donā€™t have access to tests of any sort so I just kinda work off a few basic measurements and a notebook of scribbles. This is all just me working off of best guesses because no one has any solutions.

I havenā€™t heard that. Iā€™ll have to look into it more. Iā€™ve heard about it affecting wound healing but never specifics. Doesnā€™t hurt to eliminate factors.

Shouldnā€™t be a problem for me since I fast 12-18 hours a day. No hard rule right now. But I was at 18 hours every day when I worked from home. Now I work in an office and itā€™s much more difficult. Iā€™m about to fake being sick so they leave me alone about eating with the team. Theyā€™re so fucking pushy. But thatā€™s a different gripe. I havenā€™t had blood sugar issues but that doesnā€™t mean thereā€™s not something there.

I almost exclusively get the wide, thin skinned/ cigarette paper scars youā€™d expect with eds. After a long time most of them firm up a little. I canā€™t think of any scar Iā€™ve had that was raised. Hypertrophic scars grow out like that due to collagen deposits.

Edit: Not saying this is the best route or is useful for anyone else but this all hinges on ā€œmy collagen is probably poor quality and can be improved.ā€ I donā€™t believe taking collagen itself is the answer like every product under the sun will claim because thereā€™s so many different kinds of collagen. I also donā€™t think itā€™s as big a deal for most people as the beauty industry would try to sell people. So my goal is to try to see if I can figure out which building blocks, if any, I can provide to get improvements. Thatā€™s really all it is.

1 Like

Because Iā€™d posted about it before in here, I got the BI job. I was certain Iā€™d flubbed the technical questions but apparently not as bad as others.

6 Likes

3oz9ZE2Oo9zRC

4 Likes

New job, new card, new reason for another implant.

8 Likes

Just be happy theyā€™re only pushing you to eat with the team.

2 Likes

Oh no. Is that a hiking trip? Too clean for a tough mudder.

Yeah Iā€™ll take daily rice bowls instead. Iā€™d hike or tough mudder alone but with people from work? Big nope.

Edit: Oh itā€™s less clean when itā€™s bigger and on my laptop. Wow.

@Coma found this truck at work today and it made me think of you. Every day I find something at work that makes me think of this forum lol

5 Likes

another peg in the blood glucose chartā€¦ basically riceā€¦ particularly white rice, but really all rice, is a massive glucose spikeā€¦ and since youā€™re fasting youā€™re probably eating a large quantity of rice when you do eatā€¦ and insulin resistance can be triggered by the flood of insulin released due to high glucose spikes as well as consistently raised insulin levels from raised glucose levels.

itā€™s not very likely you have this problem because it would require quite a lot of rice consumption over a long period of time to trigger itā€¦ but rice will put my readings up by 200+ just eating a bowl of it. anywayā€¦ againā€¦ probably nothing.

Oof. Fortunately for me itā€™s usually overcooked and mushy, but not in an edible way. So I pick the toppings off. But itā€™s still a solid point. We will see. Iā€™ll be going back to WFH so Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get a chance to see if the trend continues. This is all long term stuff that canā€™t be conclusively decidedā€¦ Probably at all since Im one person working off observations and donā€™t have any measurements. Thatā€™s why I am careful phrase things specifically as not-advice on the occasions I do talk about them.

I guess this new job might have opened up some ability to pay for some testing. $$$ Hmā€¦

Look close and you can see a guy in an orange safety vest with a unicorn head.

2 Likes

There are horse legs, so that makes him a centaur-corn

1 Like

Cy-taur?

Uni-taur-corn?

Cyber-centi-corn? Or cyber-cunti-corn if your mad at me?

1 Like