The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Rules

“What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken. Understand? Then best me
if you can.”

Humans are odd creatures because we make up a lot of rules and then operate within those rules as if they are physical laws. People burning to death in a room with a locked door because they simply don’t realize or don’t understand they could punch their way through the drywall. The barrier was mental, not physical. AI does not have this kind of operating framework.

3 Likes

Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh
I was supposed to fly out to Chicago 3 hours ago, but they keep pushing it back. Right now it’s pushed back for another 4 hours. Maybe airlines would start to ease the crew shortage if they offered up front help for training lol
Not many can afford to be a full time student at $40-60k for the program and then be paid pennies for a couple years lol

I’ll be out in Elgin though for the week if anyone wants to meet up!

3 Likes

I am a cyborg

9 Likes

Learning tower rescue today. Some of the best fun I had was jumping off a tower and swinging to another rope lol

A little sad that my xG3 doesn’t count as a fall restraint system. Would be cool to just stick my my hands to the tower and climb that way XD

6 Likes

chris-pratt-andy

4 Likes

Do you know what the issue is?
Your user level has the correct permissions!

Or is it more like ; you can’t because you can’t find it again to link it?

2 Likes

Sorry mate. The AliExpress app wouldn’t give me a link, hence I copied the titles so people can search in the relevant store. It’s not an issue with this site.

Thanks for checking though.

2 Likes

:thinking:

Strange

This is what I did
Shared in original thread

1 Like

Yeah. My bad. I was on the phone and couldn’t find the link
 Thanks again for putting it up

PS What are $NZ ??? Never heard of them :wink:

NORMALLY they are very similar to Canadian, Singaporean, and Australian.

But currently they are worth Fuck All, so don’t bother.

1 Like

AU isn’t any better mate. Tough times at the moment everywhere I think.

Yeah, your Dingo dollar isn’t great, but still further away than usual to the Kiwi Dollar

1 Like

So this is kind of mind blowing.

2 Likes

A friend suggested that It’d be great if scanning the chip with my phone made it start a self destruct sequence sound so now when I scan it with my phone it does exactly that. “Self Destruct Sequence Activated. Please place device on the ground and stand clear.”

I might build on this in Tasker to make it more elaborate because it is incredibly funny to me.

4 Likes

Saved for work tomorrow. This sounds very interesting.

1 Like

Step 1 on getting arrested for bomb threats. Probably not a good idea.

4 Likes

I feel like “self destruct sequence” is enough of a sci-fi trope that it would pass the “would a reasonable person believe this” test. It’s also not like it’s going to get set off by accident in a store or something.

1 Like

My friend’s kid asked for help with her math homework and got stuck on the word “Guadalupe” on her math problem. I asked her if the word was important and she immediately crossed out every instance of the word and replaced it with a name she knew.

She’s done it with other words in her math problems. I’m not correcting her because I think filtering out irrelevant data is important
 But it was funny to me how quickly she just started striking words out when they distracted her.

4 Likes

Iiiiiinnnntttteeerrreeessstttttiiiiinnnnggggg

www.webmineral.com/data/Tetrataenite.shtml

2 Likes

I’m cynical of all these discoveries these days

How often are they just people wanting grants to keep getting payed when it’s not going to be a viable discovery

2 Likes