The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

3 Likes

Feel the feels i do when i see Futurama.

waiting-futurama

Seymore, the best dog ever.

I canā€™t, NOT think of him when i see amy Futurama stuff.

7 Likes

How dare you bring this up. :sob:

6 Likes

Remember the second time futurama hit you with that during the time travel movie?

Double ouch

5 Likes

12bd3547-6596-4eca-b1d0-03acf9bf7f0b_text

6 Likes

Whatā€™s the kN rating on those?

2 Likes

6 Likes

The post on Thingiverse said 20kN iirc. I went higher on the infill to hopefully add strength and durability, but Iā€™m definitely not using them at height, at least not yet. Going to use them for organizing my gear after I get down from the tower. Might use them with my tool tethers after I test them out. Thinking about sending them to our safety guys and see if theyā€™ll test it. They buy a lot of gear and test it with constant weight and shock loads before they buy us new stuff.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s where the devil is,

And layer adhesion issues if you have a humidity spike, or a cold draft hit a room

Iā€™d probably print hotter and slower, with less cooling to get a bit better layer adhesion

Orientation is going to make a big difference, along with materialā€¦ Iā€™ve put SOME pla up to surprising forces (pew pew), and it held goodā€¦ but when pla decides to fail it fails completely and shatters

Petg or even nylon if you wanna get crazy will be a little more forgiving and fail slower

3 Likes

Please donā€™t put your life on the line over a 3D printed piece of plastic. Use the proper stuff to climb.

5 Likes

They arenā€™t, just using it to attach and organize random pieces of gear for tie offs as I read it
Go for it

Anyone that uses a 3D printing Carabiner for actual climbing weight and forces deserves what they get lol, thereā€™s literally no argument for that

4 Likes

Haha yeah, using OSHA and CSA certified gear for the actual climbing.
I am going to print a couple with PETG too once I get another spool. It would be nice to use it as part of my tool tether system. Only has to stand up to a wrench dropping on paracord, not 1800lbs shock load of a human, or cyborg lol

3 Likes

You probably can do the math easier than I can,
But I probably still wouldnā€™t do anything over say 1lb or 3/7th of a kilogram

Mostly because while your life isnā€™t on the line, a tool breaking away and falling could result in injury, and that would be a shame for just saving a buck

3 Likes

Oh definitely. I have tethers specifically for heavier tools. This would be a lighter weight version for the lighter weight tools.

1 Like

Can one of you share a video of using pm3 with your flexclass? Iā€™m curious about the read distance. Iā€™m still having issues reading it. Took 2.5 weeks for it to read post-install. Then I thought I successfully cloned it, tried on a reader, and nothingā€¦

This was a few months ago and I didnā€™t bother with it since. But now I canā€™t get even a simple hf search to work on my pm3

1 Like

So annoyed about part of my new move

Was going round and round trying to figure out how to get Ethernet to multiple places in the house

Tv in living room and my computer office primarily

Only coax wiring in the house, I had hoped since it is pretty new construction,ā€¦ then I wondered if I could use the coax to pull Ethernet up insteadā€¦ nope the coax is stapled to the studs

Well in my various diggingā€¦ come to find outā€¦ tv manufacturer skimped on the NIC and itā€™s only 100 vs the ac dual band wifi card inside it

Wifi is faster than Ethernetā€¦ so dumb

3 Likes

Dont forget about Ethernet over copper as an option

Easier, but more expensive than just running your own cabling

1 Like

Yep, and they also make some kind of coax cable adapterā€¦ but my main goal of hardwire was to reduce latency in case I wanted to do shadow computer for vrā€¦ latency is super critical

Was trying to convert it as few times as possible

I wound up setting up the modem in my office for straight hard line

1 Like

Yea I just did a side by side comparison Netflix speed test on my tv

Ethernet barely hit 20-30 mbps
Wi-Fi hit 130s

So dumb, Iā€™ve been running Ethernet for years because ā€œitā€™s always betterā€

2 Likes

In a lot of cases it is. Really dumb they gimped it like that though.

2 Likes