The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Since many colors can be experienced by receiving a combination of wavelengths on the em spectrum, not just a single wavelength, I would say white qualifies as a colorā€¦ it is a combination of wavelengths that we can ā€œseeā€ with our eyes and our brain interprets as ā€œwhiteā€.

4 Likes

That touches my point!

is ā€œcolourā€ a wavelength?
Because a wavelength is a wavelength. so there must be more to ā€œcolourā€ than just being a microwave within a specific frequency. :thinking:

Otherwise, I might say that my oven throws so much red, sooooo intense red that my eyes canā€™t even perceive (infrared & ā€œbeyondā€)ā€¦ to the point it cooks my frozen Lasagna. (well, this is technically correct, but feels weird addressing it like that, right?) XD

Or is ā€œcolourā€ the psychologycal phenomenon of identification of such wavelengths as interpreted by our brains, through our eyes? :unicorn_thinking:

And then I add:

Is the absence of something still a reference of that something?

i.e. if I say ā€œthis has no colourā€ (clear), the only way I may reach such conclusion is by looking at an object and failing to identify any of said wavelengthsā€¦
Therefore, the root process behind that sentence is exactly the same process behind saying ā€œlook mommy! My guts are red!ā€ā€¦

Just throwing some thoughts around because this meeting Iā€™m on is boring me to death! but cams are on and I need to look busy on the keyboard. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, found a simpler way to put it!!

is the ā€œabsenceā€ of wavelengths that we can ā€œseeā€ with our eyes and our brain interprets as ā€œclearā€. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

A counterpoint if you will. Colour is merely the human construct for communicating perceived wavelengths of light.

This is the differnce betwen pigment and light. What is being discussed is light and colour specifically. Since pigment results in light I consider the point moot.

a good point. However I think it is more fitting to say that clear only specifies the filtering affect of a particular medium(gas, liquid, solid, plasma). Clear being the absence of an apparent filter.

2 Likes

exactly! but nevertheless, both fall within ā€œcolour theoryā€, even if within distinct academic fields.

Just like Amalā€™s description (which is perfectly correct, btw) befits a ā€œSTEM-centric approachā€ā€¦ if you go to the College of Building I have in my town, they do teach ā€œcolour Theoryā€, which is mostly focused around Pigment-oriented colours.

I beg to differ.

What sparked this was the question ā€œdo you consider Clear to be a colour?ā€ :wink:

Therefore ā€œlightā€ is only one of the possible approaches to that. ^^

Yeah, I personally would steer more towards ā€œclear is the perception of light distortion or accumulation of particles too small and scarce to be properly Identifiedā€. Unrelated to wavelengths at all.

But then, whereā€™s the fun in stating that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hence Iā€™m taking a more philosophical, mostly phenomenological, approach to the topic at hand!
just for the lulzā€¦ :unicorn_romantic:

1 Like

you mean installed or converted?

If converted, you will need Amal to be at grindfest with his lab tools, and he may not beā€¦

2 Likes

Installed, itā€™s already converted :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds like a great plan

Hey guys im selling a ChameleonTinyPro on ebay if anyone is interested :slight_smile:

This was reported as spam, but I see you have been reading a few posts and its not just a hit and run.
We also dont often sell things here, but also not neverā€¦

The one issue I do have is your price, at ā‚¬100

These can be bought brand new with free shipment for ā‚¬82.

Profiteering off the community is a no-no
so Iā€™ll assume you werenā€™t aware, or you have included the EU tax.

I would suggest you

• offer a cyborg discount, or
  • adjust your price on ebay, or
  • delete your post
5 Likes

Itā€™s worth noting that the 100eur is the bidding start price. 160eur buy it now.

1 Like

Iā€™ve finally earned the devotee badge. Iā€™m quite happy! Still havenā€™t implanted my chip though, Iā€™ll do that in august i hope

9 Likes

Chip or not, once youā€™re Devotee, itā€™s permanent, thereā€™s no going back. Ever. :vault_boy_thumbs_up:

7 Likes

So youā€™re fully controlled by Amal and his mind control network! Without any implants to begin with! :wink:

Ok, joking aside, how did you manage to hang around this place while resisting the urge to get electronics under your skin?

1 Like

Itā€™s simple: the mind control is telling me not to get chipped yet!

Lol i bought the chip but the only person i found whoā€™d do the installation is super busy, so i have to wait

4 Likes

Ah yes, RFID just like in your credit card, tracking a football 100yards awayā€¦

2 Likes

Sounds like the Head Cheese from Peter Wattā€™s Starfish lol

@Pilgrimsmaster

9 Likes

Itā€™s becoming more human every minute lol

1 Like

Itā€™s becoming more Dan too.

1 Like