The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

This has been in sci fi for ages! XD

The biggest hurdle, though, is that in order to unlock the computation power of our brains we would require a computer able to map it efficientlyā€¦ but we are still years away from achieving that!

1 Like

Hi all, I have a simple dumb question thatā€™s affecting my quality of life :joy:

And Iā€™m not sure where else to ask it. So the derailment thread, which I havenā€™t read through, sounded like a good ideaā€¦

Just a simple thing but.

Iā€™m having an issue with reacting to posts.
When I hit the face icon to make a laughing emoji. I. Canā€™tā€¦

My phone pulls up the screen. But itā€™s chopped. And the ones on either side, the laughing guy and the eyes arenā€™t options.

I canā€™t zoom out any more. And if I zoom in and scroll over it just goes to the same place at is did before. Iā€™ll put a screen shot.

I know itā€™s a dumb thing. But I wanna laugh at things :joy::joy:. And canā€™t.

I have a s22+ Samsung on Android if that helps. I canā€™t figure it out.

Appreciate any help.

Oh. Ps.
Iā€™ve tried to let the screen rotate as well and it doesnā€™t help. Not sure what else to tryā€¦

On my OnePlus 9 itā€™s cropped until I rotate my screen. Not sure why itā€™s still cropped for you. Can you throw it in desktop mode?

1 Like

It doesnā€™t rotate.
I put it in rotate mode but nothing happensā€¦

Desktop mode??
Never heard of that. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Might need to do some googling.

Thanks for the reply.

I have the same issue.

But it works when I rotate the screen.

Iā€™ve got the issue where itā€™s chopped vertically and Iā€™m unable to see who has emoji reacted

3 Likes

Perfect use of the thread

Not dumb at all

long story short I have / know the answer.

Partly a me thing, partly a discourse limitation.
I will fix it

Screen rotation should work as I have the same phone as you :thinking:

anyway once its fixed you wont have to worry about it

2 Likes

You should be able to now,

you may just need to refresh your browser

2 Likes

Thanks!!

My screen wonā€™t rotate on the forum. No idea why not.
I mistyped and have my backup phone now. An A42 5G Samsung.
But it rotates fine for tiher things.

Thanks for fixing it!

Skillz!!

Much appreciated.

I can almost see it now :joy:

I see half but canā€™t select the laughing one still.

But itā€™s an improvement!!

Mine does that as wellā€¦

1 Like

Take 2
:clapper:

3 Likes

Yay!!!
Thanks!!!

1 Like

I only browse the web in desktop mode.

Itā€™s a sad world where even sites built for mobile work better in desktop mode!! :rofl:

Glad @Pilgrimsmaster sorted it for you!
Not being able to laugh at things is a serious matter!! :hushed:

5 Likes

Apparently we were trendsetting before it was trendy.

I wonder if theyā€™ll all be called Pilgrimsmaster?

8 Likes

Mine too. But only the top row.
I can see all emojiā€™s now though.

Hahaha so in the ā€œI love for the simple pleasures of fucking with peopleā€

Those who recall how I was printing singular 3D printed jigs and tools to force engineers hands

Yet another saga has come to a wonderful conclusion

This took over a year, but itā€™s the simple victories

Brief synopsis

EQ suggests 3D printed jig for making and storing sub assemblies

Engineering doesnā€™t want to pursue it because it because it doesnā€™t help them

EQ makes exactly 1 jig, and gives it to a coworker
(There are 6 operators who could use this jig)

Company decides to hold onto jig between shifts since it has company property in it, yada yada inventory managementā€¦ they decide itā€™s theirs without knowing where it came from

EQ watchā€™s people fall in love with jig, and begin to fight over who gets to use it, since there is only 1

Production supervisors begin to play favoritism and letting people on their good side use the jig

EQ watches production resentment over not getting to use the jig build

Production staff complain to EQ about the situation

EQ recommends they tell production management to ask engineering to make more of the jig

Production asks engineering for more jig

Engineering blindly agrees, believing another engineer produced the jig

Engineering struggles to find the files for the jig, since they didnā€™t make it

Months go by

Production pressures engineering again

Engineering still hasnā€™t found files, so they decide to recreate it from scratch

Word gets back to EQ that they are building jigs,

EQ with poker face remarks to an engineer ā€œoh you guys are using that idea I suggested a while back, that means Iā€™ll get payed for it then right?ā€

(We have a system that suggestions that are implemented are rewardedā€¦ but they fight tooth and nail to avoid using employee suggestions to prevent having to pay out 50$ā€¦ even though theyā€™ll bring in free coffee bar and baristas that surely costs thousands :sweat_smile:)

Engineer slowly deflates in front of EQ, ā€œsure fine pit your form in again, Iā€™ll make sure it goes throughā€

:smiling_imp:, itā€™s not about the moneyā€¦. Itā€™s about winning

8 Likes

2 Likes

stupid little games, they sound like a buch of cuntsā€¦correction, stupid cunts.

its only $50 but if thats enough to motivate people to look for out of the box creative solutions to problems thats a win for everbody, but those bosses sound like they are stifling their staff.

I have a mate that gives away his designs, but he hides his styalised initials in his designs just incase someone tries to claim them as theirs he can call them out, AND prove it

He hasnā€™t had to do that yet though

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what weird, they arenā€™t just on particular things

They paid us some solid money during Covid years 1-2, Essentially almost double pay, if you do all the math,
Post Covid we got to keep like 75% of that pay bumpā€¦ more than fair if you ask me

I was given like 300$ worth of concert tickets for free last yearā€¦ we get a list of about a hundred concerts at a local large venueā€¦: you put in for whatever you want, including plus onesā€¦ and you get a fair amount of them

DAMN good seats too, like the first row back from vip, so like 5 seats from the stage?

They frequently have catering come in, and will
Bring in the aforementioned coffee bars

Etcā€¦ but make a suggestion that improves something and they will drag their feet to insane levelsā€¦.

I donā€™t get it lolā€¦. Like I saidā€¦. villian voice
It was never about the money

I was about :pinching_hand: close to embedding a ntag in my print , either a sealed in sticker or a Chinese glass tag
And then write some of url or something and lock the tags locking bit

I decided it was easier push come to shove to just click print or show a stl file if I was ever questionedā€¦ avoided making my RFID hackery known

2 Likes