The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Yup! Exactly the kind of things I plan on doing!

1 Like

agreed

much better, almost there

you could try these to help visualize

1 Like

Nice I never saw that thread. The titan will be very useful as itā€™s not a basic shape :ok_hand:

Pretty basic as a CAD

especially when amal posted the dimensions on the webpage

didnā€™t take me long at all

1 Like

I meant one of the standard ones you get in a game engine without modeling them, box, capsule, sphere, cylinder.

Ah, gotcha

Are there any specific file formats you can import?

hereā€™s a post with some file extensions examples from SolidWorks

Usually I work with .fbx but I have blender so I should be able to either convert or copy them if needed.
Iā€™m not too deep into cad, usually I use tinkercad for 3D printing.

1 Like

Everyone wants to use metricā€¦ until it matters :wink:

4 Likes

8 Likes

Can a thermal camera make out implants? Maybe after applying ice? My guess is the implant would take longer to warm up than the surrounding tissue since thereā€™s no fluid flowing in it. Maybe itā€™s not noticable :thinking:

I doubt it. But x series implants will show up on a vein viewer.

In theory Since glass is has worse thermal properties than flesh, so there would be a point heating or cooling the area where the glass is at a different temperature?

But thermal also usually only sees surface last I checkedā€¦ so even if your implant was 2 degrees warmer or colder than surrounding skinā€¦ it would need to effect the surface temp? Which probably takes more energy than the minimal difference in temperature?

2 Likes

Yeah you can definitely feel it during the winter with close to freezing temperatures. Thereā€™s a lingering cold spot where the glassies are as soon as you get in a warmer environment. I think other forum members mentioned that too. I bet itā€™s even more noticeable with magnets since they are a nice solid chunk of metal but I donā€™t remember if that was the case for me.

1 Like

This is an xG3 from months ago. Installed bevel up because I was to busy filming to notice the installer was doing it that way.
Any way see the black spot ? Itā€™s been there almost since the beginning. Itā€™s under the skin and wonā€™t budge no matter how much I torture it. :sweat_smile: Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s one of those skin flaps, stuck in there and slowly being destroyed. It will go away eventually but Iā€™m impatient !
Anyone have one?

1 Like

The discoloration is likely because blood got trapped between two pieces of skin. It will go away but itā€™ll take a long time.

2 Likes

Your question made me curious so I did a few tests:

1 Hand at ā€œroomā€ temperature.

While I was moving the camera around to take this image I was able to convince myself that at certain angles I could make out a vaguely cooler blob but I think it was just a combination of wishful thinking and knowing where the chip is.

2 Cooled the area around the chip with ice
HeatTestB
The chip (a 2x12mm NTAG216) is pretty much in the centre of the darkest blue area

3 Warmed the surface with water.
HeatTestC
I used warm water because it conducts heat so efficiently that I thought that gave me the best chance of rapidly heating just the surface.

Objectively, despite occasionally deciding that maybe I could see a very slight difference, I think this shows that heat cameras donā€™t reveal chips. Partly because, as Erequiet said, the reading is superficial so the chip would have to cool down the skin above it to show up and partly because I think that chips are so small and so completely enveloped in the skin around them that they probably cool/heat at almost exactly the same speed as their surroundings.

4 Likes

Iā€™m glad someone tried :grin:
Did you keep looking as the cold one warmed back up? Also maybe something like an xG3 would be more noticeable?
Also big flexes. They create a barrier between the skin and the rest of the body :thinking:

Do you know if a 20 buck IR flashlight type will work?

Or does it have to be a professional job for a couple of grand?

I watched the whole thing because the viewfinder of the camera shows you in real time.

Something with a bigger mass to warm up may work better but I think that a barrier with the skin is actually counter-productive because to show up the object has to cool down the skin above it.

A bit like the fact that the light from a blinky is mostly the light that is diffused by the skin above it.

1 Like

You can use visible light if youā€™re patient and have done some photography before. Itā€™s cheap depending on what you already have :sweat_smile:

2 Likes