The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I guess this is as good a time as any to let everyone know. Michelle had been struggling with pancreatic cancer for the last couple years. She passed away in July on my birthday. She was my friend for over 20 years and my business partner for the last several. The last year has been hard, and now my life and Dangerous Things will never be the same.

But we carry on.

This would not be possible if implemented using some of the methods I have in mind.

12 Likes

Grief is a terrible thing to experience. Iā€™m sure you have had many people reach out to you to tell you if you need anything theyā€™re there. I wonā€™t say that but I will periodically offer an ear if you want to talk. I am very familiar with loss, and the struggles of dealing with loss.

Iā€™m a walking beacon for others to know Iā€™ve been through my share of struggles and will help anyone that feels they are in those dark spots.

It doesnā€™t get better, time doesnā€™t heal. Time just makes it easier to live with.

6 Likes

Thank youā€¦ the offer is meaningful.

I think there are ways it can get better, just not by time aloneā€¦ introspectionā€¦ accepting mortalityā€¦ expanding the scope of conscious awareness that the universe and time are such immense quantities mostly filled with unexciting nothing, that to exist for any amount of time within it is an amazing improbabilityā€¦ weā€™re all just riding waves of entropy to the same end.

At least thatā€™s my take on it.

4 Likes

I like the semicolon, knowing what it stands for. Itā€™s a nice thing to display it like that, just as a little offer for people who recognize it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss, @amal. The crab is a b*tch. I know it first hand.

1 Like

No words can express the loss to our community.

Whether people know it or not, Michelle has affected all our lives for the better.

OKAY

PREFIX

TRUST ME ON THIS

The title is misleading
BUT

follow this for just a few links and posts as to why
ā€œMichelle is the BESTESTā€

8 Likes

Iā€™d support something to try and honor her,

If thatā€™s not against her wishes

I know personally when I bite it, I donā€™t even want a ceremonyā€¦ just go to out get drunk and maybe retell a few adventures and epic fails

2 Likes

Sometimes our mental prisons can be an echo chamber of intrinsic thoughts. After being on the other side of it, I want others to know Iā€™m still here, and they can be too. Iā€™ve had a handful of people talk to me out of the random and I still shoot them messages checking up on them on occasion. Even if they donā€™t want to talk I know the effort is appreciated. I know I would have appreciated someoneā€™s effort.

3 Likes

She was honored just to work with all you biohackers.

14 Likes

Iā€™ve thought about the same tattoo; Iā€™ve had some people ask questions and give them very frank responsesā€¦ in an ā€œeducationalā€ way lol

Kinda follows a comedic bit I heard years ago, that I kinda took to heart, that Iā€™m sure Iā€™m butchering the context

ā€œYou can either be offended or you can become the offenderā€

Usually it becomes moreā€¦ why be embarrassed about being differentā€¦ stand your ground and make them feel embarrassed about being vanilla

1 Like

This t-shirt is awesome :star_struck:

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss, Michelle will be missed. She did a lot of awesome things for Dangerous Things, biohacking, and this community.

7 Likes

Maybe a (reasonably) tight bandaid with a bump of cotton in the right spot would be enough but encapsulation is a long process so youā€™d have to keep it on for a long time to guarantee itā€™s not going back to itā€™s natural position.
My attempts at moving previous magnets always failed because I didnā€™t have the patience and kept thinking it was enough when it wasnā€™t.

5 Likes

• Standing
  • Sitting

0 voters

1 Like

Need a third and fourth option:
Fancy bidet that dries you

Half squat to reach behind

Everyone invest in a quality bidet, with the heated water and the blow dryer, it will change your life, and you will never want to shit anywhere except home ever again

Whereā€™s the option for ā€œI want to go full robot and not have to deal with this ever againā€?

3 Likes

Cool evening at last.
Gotta love living in the sticks.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Looks painful, I prefer paper

2 Likes