The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Meh

No need, but personally I would choose the HK416 any day of the week, a direct but improved copy on the classic

2 Likes
2 Likes

The YAL-1 mentioned at 5:33 needed a rotating turret on the nose of the aircraft. I actually made the support ring that the mirror assembly bearings rode on. I didnā€™t get much more involved than doing some of the machining of the segments (several people), but still, it was really cool at the time to know I was working on a FRIGGING AIRPLANE LASER.

6 Likes

Wow that is cool! Did the turret have a focusing mechanism or was it a solid beam of static diameter?

No where near my level, sorry. I made aluminum segments of a large ring that would be bolted together, they were painted with a green primer, inspected a thousand different ways, and then shipped off to Boeingā€™s Military division.

Itā€™s a defunct program now, but back then they kept the details to themselves. The only thing I can add, is they made two test planes, before they decided to go a different direction.

4 Likes

meme-botw

Great reply to the post @RedWingx86 :+1: and iā€™m not tryng to ā€œone up youā€, just adding some clarity because THIS is not common knowledge. So you are not wrong, just maybe unaware, and your reply was totally appropriate in the context of that support thread.

The term ā€œkeyā€ we can naturally assume the OP is meaning UID, so yeah, NORMALLY this is correct, One UID per chip.
HOWEVER

1 Like

No noā€¦ you should look up how long a m16a4 is :sunglasses::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Thatā€™s cool, I always thought that was a super cool project

Iā€™ve always thought it would be a pretty satisfying feeling to be one of the people machining something to go to the red planet

Probably unnerving as fuuuuck also,
You hear a rover or something have a catastrophic failureā€¦ or a mechanism jamā€¦ and even though itā€™s far more likely environmental or something Elseā€¦

ā€œā€¦oh god did I do something slightly wrong and nobody caught it?ā€

My stuff is a bit darker, :sweat_smile:
All the guns / holsters / optics Iā€™ve helped build and or students Iā€™ve helped teach over the years, and the stuff I sold during my time doing sales

Statistically itā€™s likely someoneā€™s used something I worked, sold or taught for more than just range practice, I can only hope it was used for the right reasons

In related but happier and funny news, Iā€™ve been a vr kick again lately (ghosts of tabor) a kind of vr Tarkov

And one of the AK red reflex optics had a giant smudge/finger prints on it, and I was both happy to see itā€¦ and annoyed that I saw itā€¦ I spend too much time looking at glass :sweat:

2 Likes

Imagine the pride from the people who built the Voyager probes. Way past expectations and still working just fine. Outside the Heliopause and still booking along. :rocket: Deep respect to the steely eyed missile men and women who pulled that off.

Itā€™s been awhile since I did structural aircraft work, but this;

really fucks with you when you hear about a fatal plane crash.

And this

is why when I, rarely, travel with a firearm, the vehicle remains securely locked. The only time I ever lock my ride up even. Any other time the keys are in the ignition all day and all night. I wouldnā€™t mind if a theif got one of my guns and hurt themselves so much, but the idea of a kid getting hurt with one of mine, terrifies me.

2 Likes

THAT I didnā€™t know

OVERALL LENGTH: 39.63ā€ = 1m =100cm = 1000mm

Nice :rofl:

I can get onboard with that.

Amal is 1.93 M16A4ā€™s tall

3 Likes

29.92inHg thatā€™s a good measurement and unit.

1 Like

Are we launching mercury implant?
They could glow really bright (and hot :fire: ) near strong enough emf

Meta now allows for AI image generation inside of messenger. Itā€™s hilarious.

1 Like

Terrifying hahah

3 Likes

Remember when being current and ā€œhipā€ on the internet meant that every word had to have an e in front of it? email, ebay, ebaums, etc. (yes, I am in fact, old)

For awhile it was the word cyber. Cyber-security, Cyber-systems, Cyber-truck. (That last one hasnā€™t aged well.)

Then we had the internet of things, when they desperately searched for a way to connect, wellā€¦ Everythingā€¦ to the internet in a totally meaningless way?

And when they started calling programs Apps, and begging like kids on the candy aisle to install them? Because Apps solve everything, right?

Now we have A.I. Everything.

Donā€™t get me wrong, some cool stuff came out of these, sometimes, but you could barely find it through the hype machine fog. I just really wish the hop-on-the-bandwagon P.R. apparatus would dial it back just a bit.

Big Sigh.

5 Likes

i, infront of it
iPhone, iPad, iPod, iPods

and then the completely unrealted to apple bandwagon jumped on with their iProducts
Without the need to give examples, You all know what i mean

4 Likes

iknow
:rofl:

2 Likes

Looks interesting but itā€™s probably a reseller of chinise products. Might be worth looking for the same thing on aliexpress.

Hi @Pilgrimsmaster yeah, it was a dry install. It took about 30 mins and it was exquisite torture. I was shaking and sweating the whole time. Really impressed that anyone could do a self-install. Now I understand why the piercer refused when I called. I was thinking I would post a ā€˜lessons learnedā€™ for others considering a walletmor. If I could, I would also contribute some additions to the FAQ on this site.

Afterwords my mrs (yes, you guessed correctly :slight_smile: ) said that the lube we saw in another install video would have been massively helpful. Of course we only realised this midway and there was none on hand. In all of my research it was never really mentioned. I also realised the needle is massive compared to the injectable syringes which I was watching installs of as reference.

Aw man, you have put the fear in me that it will stop working! I had read on the walletmor site that it could endure high impacts - is that not correct?

I had also read somewhere you can use the needle to poke the implant in further, I guess that is not so correct either.

Hell yeah paying with my hand is great! I have wanted to do this since I was 15 years old so I am pretty stoked. Totally worth it IMO :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t followed the conversation here, but usually what wears down flexes is not the impacts but rather them being repeatedly bent and unbent (even a little ) thousands of times per day. Thatā€™s why flat spots away from joints are recommended.

Blunt tools yes, the needle is not blunt at all :sweat_smile:

:tada: Congrats on your install!

2 Likes