The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

How do you compare the read range with ACR122Us with glass implants?

Canā€™t detect any difference really. My main reason is that itā€™s reliable with NFC tools where my ACR locks-up and craps-out regularly. Not got around to investigating that one yet.

Ok thanks.

Just got my PiSwords PM3 Easy about 30 minutes ago, managed to get it flashed with iceman and working in a few minutes (thankfully the instructions for Arch linux were super straight forward). Especially since Iā€™m used to compiling random open-source programs, it wasnā€™t bad at all (at least they told me what packages I needed lmao). Now I can finally mess with the LF side of my NExT. Managed to clone the EM UID from my NExT to a blank T5577 card, worked great. I know thatā€™s the opposite of the usual use-case, but it made it easy to figure out antenna placement without worrying about bricking the implant. Iā€™m excited for the next opportunity to clone a card to my hand, hopefully at a hotel or something. If anyone ever needs help with getting things up and running, especially if youā€™re using Arch, feel free to LMK, Iā€™m glad to help.

Also, I converted my first person today :slight_smile: I was at a friend of mineā€™s house, and he lives with his brother. Showed his brother my implants and what they could do, then talked a lot about them. Heā€™s an avid android user, and so are his friends. He saw a ton of utility in being able to write his contact info, web pages, etc. to his hand. Within an hour, he had ordered a NExT and an xLED, and heā€™s having a piercer friend of his put them in once they arrive. My friend is also considering getting one. He said he might order a NExT tomorrow, but heā€™s an iPhone user which makes it a harder sell for sure (no vCard support for one).

5 Likes

Adding to our army, i love it!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Install Videos and Pictures

I finally finished reading this entire thread. This community has impressed me with the different kinds of civil and well thought out discussions.

I showed my sisters boyfriend my implants (which i had installed about 6 days ago) he seemed intrigued but also a little bit disgusted when he poked my spark 2 :smile:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s quite the Herculean effort

1 Like

Hereā€™s your next assignment.

2 Likes

Even though it is only around 25% the size, it takes a lot longer to read, ( I did for me any way, because I had to read, then re-read some of the posts multiple times, trying to decode/ interpret/ understand what was being said )

Itā€™s like reading ā€œBartleby, the Scrivenerā€ by Herman Melville

Itā€™s not an easy read

I do feel sorry for them, and it would be a horrible way to go through life.

Herculean effort or not. That thread isā€¦ difficult to read. I think Iā€™d rather re-watch the first presidential debate of this year.

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather re-read the crazy thread. In both cases, you learn about mentally deranged people, but at least the crazy thread doesnā€™t make you sick in your stomach.

2 Likes

Want a hard read? Try Feersum Endjinn by Iain M. Bank. Itā€™s an excellent SF book - like all of Iain M. Bankā€™s books - but itā€™s mostly written phonetically. Itā€™s maddening because you really want to finish it, but it makes you eyes bleed.

1 Like

Have you ever thought about becoming a publicist?

1 Like

Eh? Why? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got a little update again - this pic is from last night, when my scarification hit its 2-week-anniversary :wink:

Iā€™m very glad I donā€™t have to tape anything over it any more, my skin got properly annoyed by that (as you can clearly see on my shoulders and collarbones on that pic). Iā€™m irritating the scars for one week now, and they are slightly itchy and feel a tiny bit painful when I stretch them (best example - Iā€™m usually sleeping on my side, and everytime I turn I feel some sort of ā€œstretchingā€ pain when my chest is straight before arriving on my other side^^).
Other than that, Iā€™m feeling fine - the scars are still hypotrophic (sunken down, in a way), but the insides of the little circles are standing out, which gives it quite a funny feeling when I run over them with my fingers. Just love it, and I canā€™t wait for the complete 3D-effect that baby will have in some time :smiley:

11 Likes

It is looking stunning, the first thing my eyes went to where the little circles, I donā€™t think I have the will power for scarification XD I am a mindless picker of scabs

Damn thatā€™s looking awesome!
The circuit traces combined with your chip implants and power button give off some mad TRON vibes

2 Likes

Same here (trying to get rid of that bad habitā€¦), but thatā€™s no problem - no scabs at all, because it had to heal under the wrap for the first two weeks :wink:

That was the plan :wink: It just feels a lot like ā€œmeā€, in a way - I can not really explain what it ā€œmeansā€, itā€™s just as if my artist captured my soul in his design.

3 Likes

This is what Iā€™m excited for. As much as I fiddle with my implants under the skin I can see my self rubbing over the scarring when I get nervous already :smile: