The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Nice one, Thank you.

I removed the chip from mine and mounted it in the ignition.
But that looks like a great option.

1 Like

Yeah, that was my next plan if this didnā€™t work. My ignition is in a very weird spot though, almost where you would expect a push button start to be, next to the radio, and so it would have been really obvious if I tried to mount anything over it, even if itā€™s just the transponder. The wire loop can run underneath it with the facade on, which is nice. The ignition switch on my car is only held in with 2 bolts with a lot of room behind it, so to be honest, Iā€™m considering just pushing it somewhere deeper in my dash and letting it stay there, then completely covering the hole. Regardless Iā€™ll be 3D printing a cap, but I donā€™t live in the greatest area, and I donā€™t want someone thinking I left a key in the ignition, and breaking my window.

Iā€™m cutting the head off of the key regardless so it shouldnā€™t matter, will be barely visible, but :man_shrugging:

Oh, another relevant bit of info for anyone looking into it as an option, when I tested it with my benchtop PSU, it only pulled .066 amps constant at 12V. Especially if you throw a switch on it, or control it via a relay, itā€™s pretty kind on power usage. I threw a relay on my board to deal with this transponder via programming, though.

Random mildly morbid and pointless question, but it is body augmentation I guess

Could you run a section of wire around your heart, or even almost a faraday cage

To prevent death by electrocution?

Obviously installation isā€¦ tricky lmao

Wouldnā€™t electrically insulate, but would provide a higher conduction, non damaging pathway?

No, for two reasons:

1/ I rarely get electrocuted. Last time it happened, I was a toddler and I put my fingers in the socket. Since then, Iā€™m careful enough that it never happens. So Iā€™d be protecting myself against very small odds.
2/ One thing that is more likely, and getting likelier as I age, is the need to get defibrilation at some point. The faraday cage would make that option unavailable.

Ooo, yea that would be a ā€œwomp wompā€ moment

Youā€™re in luck: LF and to a great extent HF ā€œantennaeā€ arenā€™t antennae at all :slight_smile: They work in the near field. Think of them as transformer secondaries.

Indeed! Inductors to be direct about it.

Now that I actually give it any thought,
Yea I donā€™t think Iā€™ve heard of any LF bands

Iā€™m a pretty terrible ham, outside of my one nice little comfy niche lol :joy:, which doesnā€™t involve much antenna diy

Well thatā€™s a bummer, cuz Iā€™ve been on LF, ELF and VLF for decades :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll just shut up now :slight_smile: lol

edit shutting up is hard

Wouldnā€™t that involve an absurdly long antenna?

Like hundreds of km in length? (You get this one metric lol)

3-30hz would be a 100,000km to 10,000km wave length

1 Like

Yes, my bad - I was only talking flexes, I can edit my post for clarity if that helps?

1 Like

I think maybe this is turning into quite a derail. Maybe Pilgrims will want to shift all of that stuff out of this thread.

To answer your question: yes, LF antennae can be quite long. Wire dipoles are usually strung up between poles or trees. You need space for those babies. But you donā€™t need to go full-wave thank goodness. Still, a 160m half-wave dipole is 80m of wire.

As for ELF / VLF, thatā€™s usually done with a huge-ass coil on the ground and itā€™s listening-only.

I was thinking the same thing, but where I was looking at splitting it, it will loose some continuityā€¦but, standby

I was also laughing to myself how quickly our threads derail

Thatā€™s my bad, I can also stop now

You are not alone, I think we all have done, and we will continue to do soā€¦

Also no need to stop, this thread is for whatever you want to chat aboutā€¦

1 Like

I would say No for one reason. The heart needs to move around and expand and contract. You would basically be trying to cage something that cannot be caged for long without damage. Also, the anatomy of the heart would be crazy to try and wrap, and fitting in the chest cavity.

I canā€™t speak with much experience in a lot of things, but I did assist with open heart surgery for a few years, and have seen a couple hundred open chest. Mainly helped with ablation of pathways and extra muscle.

They can pace your heart, through your esophagus.

They can also put wires through your jugular to pace your heart internally. Or install them from the outside.

They can keep your heart beating, even if you want it to stop.

Wasnā€™t there a movie where someone embedded a faraday cage throughout their body? Not implying itā€™s real/possible, just got reminded of it and now itā€™s bugging me that I canā€™t remember where I saw it.

The size and shape of the wires or mesh donā€™t really matter, just a silly thought experiment

Was just curious if you provided a better path for electricity, if it would prevent an electrocution death, since Iā€™ve often heard how many amps it takes to stop/kill your heart

Kind of a lightning rod for your heart

Figured the response would be more ā€œyouā€™d still die from xyz being damagedā€

@anon3825968 but a pretty wet figurative blanket on the concept, pointing out it would make it pretty difficult to be defibrillated, which is just ironic

1 Like

@CriticalNyte, I have a couple of questions / suggestions for you.

What was the reader / writer?
Do you have a link / photo

Do you have these numbers and processā€™ to share

From looking at your sabre, do you think the antenna would be modifiable as to allow the weilder to hold it in such a way that it could read an implanted chip in position 0 ( Hand webbing / thenar space ) whereby you could ā€œwrite different coloursā€ to your implant at will, rather than changing out the kyber crystal.

Also a ā€œjedi securityā€ system, :warning: Only those with the force ( implant ) could light it upā€¦
( imagine if you had an implant in each webbing with a different colour )

Is it a read once to choose colour on start up? or does it continually read? ( your Field detector or diagnostic card may tell you this )

Anyway, just some thoughts if you decide to do a project write-up

Fun Fact:

Amal actually has a twin brother Juan. Their mother only keeps a picture of Juan in her wallet though because if youā€™ve seen Juan youā€™ve seen Amal.

14 Likes