The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

While waiting for this I just got the old fashioned snippins

2 Likes

My beloved one did that, too, and made my life a whole lot easier with that :slight_smile:

Doesn’t help if I want to “go out and have some fun”, sadly :wink:

1 Like

But hey, apparently they completed phase 3 clinical trials in 2019
 so, yay? May be too late for you though :stuck_out_tongue:

Trust me I absolutely have, I understand and accept it. I have also watched highlander and many vampire movies.
People die, thats what we do, and there’s nothing we can do about it.
Better to accept it and live life rather than worry about death.
Sure you would be sad and miss them, that is understandable, but it also shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Obviously theoretically if I could be immortal so could they, but if for some reason,
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.
and for some reason it was only me
 I wouldn’t be chopping my own head off.

DelayedLoneHylaeosaurus-small

If I can be immortal, I can choose my “age” ie. biological age not chronological age.

3 Likes

Too many IF’s and too fictional, let’s rather work on the stem cells and grow some organs. We could start growing, lets say, 2 or 3 copies of every human for spare parts. The only time we would run into an issue is when we have an irreparable accident, like an airplane crash or falling into a volcano. In such cases their “spare part” humans could be used as nutrition for other “spare parts” humans which would automatically take care of the biomass disposal which is critical and should not be neglected.

Huh.

1 Like

So essentially, if you have an ICD don’t but an iPhone 12 in your shirt pocket

I call bullshit

not that it isn’t a thing

But they are blaming apple,

If a simple magnet makes your critical life saving therapy device stop working, it’s not the magnets fault

1 Like

Who’s using iPhones anyway?

Nearly a billion people in the world give or take

Well, of course it isn’t. Because there is a hall effect sensor built into most pacemaker that acts as an off switch in case there is ever need to do that (for example, MRI). This is incorrect: if I understand correctly, there used to be reed switches built into pacemakers to switch between slow and fast mode using a special magnetic wand, to turn off detection, for some programming
 there appear to be different functions depending on the model and type of device (for example in some ICDs tachyarrythmia detection and therapy is disabled, while bradycardia therapy still works when a magnet is near). Nowadays it seems that the reed switches have been replaced with hall effect sensor due to better reliability (‘sticky reed switch’) and also to make the pacemaker/ICD MRI conditional

I don’t see is so much as blaming is it is a PSA. Because an average consumer might not think twice (or even realize) about his phone having in-built magnets, and they almost certainly don’t know about the sensor in the pacemaker. And it could cause problems for them.

I have a interesting idea,

Been toying with the idea of a book safe

But only rfid accessible

To the outside observer it would appear to be a a prop or something that can’t be opened

Just need to figure out the right lock to use

Maybe the ikea drawer one? works with the next, it’s battery powered?

2 Likes

When you get one they tell you this. I assumed it was bullshit concern about the transmitter inducing currents in the leads but magnets make more sense.

1 Like

Yesterday evening when I came back home from work, I spent an hour and a half shifting a foot of snow off my driveway. This morning, I see a foot of fresh snow on my driveway through the window.

That’s the magic of winter: snow magically reappears :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just like standard units, they are forever lmao :joy:

Give me a like, and I’ll never mention it again :wink:

1 Like

Meantime in Hokkaido

5 Likes

That looks amazing, A little different from when I went there in Summer time.

I went during the Sapporo Summer Festival,which was also awesome.

I also had the largest ice cream of my life there

2 Likes

Depends on your birth and how you define self when you were part of your mother lol

1 Like