The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Will this work for you?

No no it was preformatted. As soon as whateverā€™s in the code is in the post, it triggers the error.
You can try it yourself, itā€™s the script in the ZIP I posted in Amalā€™s LUA script thread.

Roger Dodger, I just tried it and Yeah,
I am now apart of the club

Yeah and look, as soon as you plug the code in the post, at the bottom of the editor, it says ā€œDraft offlineā€. Really oddā€¦ Maybe itā€™s trying to protect against code injection or something.

So if you remove this line and all after, It will allow you to post ( I all the lines I have just pasted below, it had no issues with as you can seeā€¦:man_shrugging:

So you could post in 2 posts

Weird

Process the lines from the client

for l in rlines:

if args.verbose:
    print("  PM3>PC: {}".format(l))

# We got a prompt
  if pm3_prompts_regex.match(l):

if state in (WAIT_PROMPT1, WAIT_FINAL_EM_CHECK):

if state == WAIT_FINAL_EM_CHECK:
        # No reply from the final EM check
        print("No reply from {} programmed as EM chip. Press ENTER".format(
		chip_type))
        input()

print("Probing for T55xx...")

# Send the command to detect a T55xx in the field
      os.write(pty_master, b"lf t55xx detect\r")
      if args.verbose:
        print("  PC>PM3: lf t55xx detect")
      state = WAIT_T55XX_PROBE

elif state == WAIT_PROMPT2:

# Send the command to program the T55xx as an EM with the current UID
      print("lf em 410x_write {} {}\r".format(
				hex(uid)[2:].upper(),
				1 if chip_type == "T55x7" else 0)
				)
      write_cmd = "rem Pretend writing {} tag with UID {}: Done" \
		if args.dryrun else "lf em 410x_write {} {}"
      os.write(pty_master, write_cmd.format(hex(uid)[2:].upper(),
				1 if chip_type == "T55x7" else 0).
				encode("ascii") + b"\r")
      if args.verbose:
        print("  PC>PM3: {}".format(write_cmd))
      state = WAIT_WRITTEN

elif state == WAIT_PROMPT3:

# Send the command to read back the EM
      os.write(pty_master, b"lf em 410x_read\r")
      if args.verbose:
        print("  PC>PM3: lf em 410x read")
      state = WAIT_FINAL_EM_CHECK

else:

# We shouldn't have gotten a prompt in another state
      print("Unexpected reply from Proxmark3 client: {} - stop".format(l))
      return -1

# We got a regular line (i.e. not a prompt)
  else:

if state == WAIT_T55XX_PROBE:

# Did we detect a T55xx, and if so, which type?
      m = re.findall("(Could not detect|Chip Type\s*:\s*([a-zA-Z0-9]+))", l)
      if m:
        chip_type = m[0][1]
        if not chip_type:
          state = WAIT_PROMPT1
        else:
          print("{} detected. Program with UID {}? [ENTER=Y / N]".format(
		chip_type, hex(uid)))
          state = WAIT_PROMPT1 if input() else WAIT_PROMPT2

elif state == WAIT_FINAL_EM_CHECK:

# Did we detect an EM in the field, and does the UID match what we
      # programmed in?
      m = re.findall("EM TAG ID\s*:\s*([a-fA-f0-9]+)", l)
      if m:
        if int(m[0], 16) == uid:
          uid += 1
          print("{} programmed correctly. Press ENTER".format(chip_type))
        else:
          print("EM UID mismatch. Press ENTER")
        input()
        state = WAIT_PROMPT1

elif state == WAIT_WRITTEN and re.search("Done", l):
      state = WAIT_PROMPT3

Jump to the main routine

if name == ā€œmainā€:
sys.exit(main())

eyyy

@amal

Do you have a spare Titan laying around to compare to the Xg3s?

I woke up from a dream about magnets and then i wondered about the Titan compared to the Xg2 V2 in terms of lifting strenght :magnet:

1 Like

Hmm yeah, but it works better with all the lines in it :slight_smile:

:rofl:
Haha, Yeah, I just updated my post as you replied

So if you remove this line and all after, It will allow you to post ( I all the lines I have just pasted below, it had no issues with as you can seeā€¦ :man_shrugging:

So you could post in 2 posts

Weird

Yeah, or I could post a ZIP :slight_smile:

Good idea, you should just do thatā€¦Much easier :wink:

you are welcome! :rofl:

He has soooo many more!

Hits like ā€œThe Ding Dong Songā€, ā€œTouch meā€ and ā€œNo Pantalonesā€ā€¦

Truly a modern day ā€œgeniusā€, right? :sweat_smile:

Looking great!!! :star_struck:

Can picture it though!
I have the same issues when trying to get a good healing pic.

Keep us posted! :grin:

That one is developing very well!!

2 Likes

I am not surprised at all that Discourse would prevent you from uploading thisā€¦ :rofl:

seen far too many systems falling for both that and droptablesā€¦ Canā€™t blame the devs from preventing against that even if we believe it should be captured elsewhere.

Posting ANY content should never be a problem, be it the complete works Shakespeare, movies, /dev/random or binaries of any kind. Bad coders who canā€™t handle their inputs properly try to secure their shit by preventing you from entering ā€œbadā€ input - despite the fact that it is only bad because they canā€™t code properly.

If this is whatā€™s happening here, itā€™s disappointing, but hardly surprising.

Sometimes shielding against future coders is also within scope.

The limitation you unveilled is not preventing you from from posting that content. itā€™s only preventing you from posting it in a specifically formatted way which can be used to exploit stuff.

And when I say I can see why they would prevent it, itā€™s because even if the current devs handle that case, they might be aware that once their dev is complete theyā€™ll probably be moved into a newer development and Junior devs will be set in charge of maintaining their work.

So just ā€œtrusting that the next wave of untrained devs will not fuck up and turn this into a security issueā€ has been proven time and time again as a terrible Idea.

You misunderstand what Iā€™m saying.

Data should be data. Data parsing for the purpose of pretty-printing should never lead to remote execution, heap overflow or anything like that. If the codebase is sane, this just doesnā€™t happen, and making it happen requires a special kind of effort. If the codebase isnā€™t sane, or dubious, or untrustworthy, then developers pile on layers of code to guard against possible harmful data.

This has nothing to do with junior or senior programmers. There are plenty of shitty old coders and talented young ones. This only has to do with competence. You donā€™t code for future incompetence anymore than hotel maids lay plastic sheets on the floor of the guestsā€™ rooms in case the maids in the next shift might have trodden in a dog turd.

You are relying too much on ā€œshouldā€.

Just because you parsed the data on your code doesnā€™t mean a junior dev put in charge of maintaining your code wonā€™t fuck up your parsing.

Iā€™m not saying that what is happening here is the best practice.

Just that I can understand why someone would go to extra lengths to make it even harder for someone to accidentally enable remote code execution.

Agree. Although you have higher odds of getting someone randomly allocated to maintain your project to accidentally fuck up your input sanitization.

Actually, ā€œcoding with future incompetenceā€ is at the heart of every best practice guide.

See all the formatting standards, all the ā€œreadability mattersā€, all the guidelines all the modern languages haveā€¦

All of those globally accepted best practices stem from ā€œcoding in a way to mitigate future incompetenceā€.

2 Likes

Dunno if itā€™s interesting for anyone here (though I hope so :wink: ), but there is currently a petition against biometric mass surveillance going on in the EU. If youā€™re interested, you can sign it hereā€¦

1 Like

Signing a petition to fight for the right to be anonymousā€¦ The irony is strong with this one.

Itā€™s an official european citizen initiative, so itā€™s obvious you have to have the signature verified somehow. And I have no problem with providing some of my data to the EU when I can actually have at least a bit of influence on politics. I mean, if I write a letter to some ministery itā€™s not anonymous as wellā€¦ but that wonā€™t keep me from doing it, if I have a reason to.

Yeah I realize that.

The problem with this one is, all youā€™re going to do is leave your name somewhere. Nothing will change because the powers that be love mass surveillance, big data loves mass surveillance, and the two are in cahoots.

You can dance on your head and sign whichever petition you want, all youā€™re going to do is identify yourself as someone who should receive ads for VPN services, and possibly end up on a list of people who question authority.