The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Can somebody in 'Murrica image please have a word with your president about this Covid19 situation;
It is very inconvenient, I was supposed to be in Las Vegas today!!! image
Canā€™t he turn the full force of the US military on it, Drop a NUKE on it, image or at the very least pour some bleach on it???

2 Likes

I honestly have nothing to say. The selfishness of this country is truly saddening.

Iā€™ve got my opinions, donā€™t wanna flame.

If youā€™re American. (I am) :us:

Whether you are pro or con, blue or red, yin or yang, VOTE! (I will) :white_check_mark:
One good election oughta sort it out.

3 Likes

Hey @Pilgrimsmaster, what borders on insanity?
Canada & Mexico :grimacing:

7 Likes

Muahahahahahahaha!!!

1 Like

Ah fair. I will not poke the bear on here. There is a political thing on here

Dm me if you really wanna talk politics. Open mind here. But you are right, not the right place for stuff.

1 Like

Sorry, I didnā€™t mean to bring you guys down.
It was supposed to be a lighthearted, jibā€¦

Things are just, touchy, here. Like donā€™t make loud noises or sudden moves near the pile of dynamite. I hear people use words like ā€œenemyā€ to describe their neighbors. We need to find a way forward, or weā€™re gonna tear ourselves apart. Weā€™ve got an election coming up. I think itā€™s gonna be a very public referendum giving one side or the other a mandate.

Even then itā€™s still gonna be a mess. But maybe we can dial it down enough to start joking about it again.

1 Like

Whatā€™s supposed to be going down in Vegas? Work? Play?

You know the rule!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Allright, Just remember to pack your vault suit when you go. That place is RAD.

header

3 Likes

Haaaahhahahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

2 Likes

1 Like

Most people seem to overlook the most important thing about Trump: he was voted in. Meaning, a majority of Americans thought he was the right man to represent them at the helm of the most powerful nuclear power in the world.

Trump is a symptom of the state of education in this country, and its constituentsā€™ complete inability to apply critical thinking. Thatā€™s what sad and scary about him.

And just to be fair, itā€™s not limited to the US: there are idiotic and dangerous elected representatives aplenty the world over. But always remember: they represent those who elected them.

Can you tell I donā€™t have much faith in humanity? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FTFY

2 Likes

Thatā€™s inaccurate. 48.89% of the votes that happened to be cast that year went to our esteemed president. The remainder selected the other option (not including all those who chose not to, or were stopped from, casting their vote)

I completely agree that education improvements will positively effect the rationality of the decisions made by the electorate in the long term, but it will have little to no effect on the existing adult populace. There are a host of systemic reforms that we need to make yesterday to prevent unfaithful representatives from voting against their constituents best interests. Also, Finland =/= US. I wish it did.

But they just donā€™t. All over the globe, ā€œelectedā€ leaders exist who do not represent their electorate, because there is rampant voter disenfranchisement. They only represent ā€œthe majorityā€ because everyone else has to climb uphill both ways to even get a fraction of a say in political dealings.

Iā€™m sure you agree with me on many of these points, but I feel like they need to be qualified further to yield anything resembling a productive conversation.

Yes I know about the electoral college skewing the system. But my point was, even 10% of the population thinking Trump is anything other than a rich buffoon says something about the country.

The system is fucked up in a number of ways. But you know what? Ultimately, people who believe they live in a democracy should accept that the outcome of the democratic process is something that represents them as a society.

If the premise if that the US is a democracy, Trump therefore must be the best the American society can come up with. If thatā€™s not an acceptable conclusion, then it means the US is not a democracy - in which case you can either take up arms or move elsewhere where real democracy happens. I did the latter.

Thatā€™s definitely the case. A representative democracy is is less than a direct democracy at the best of times, but the US is more of an oligarchy or corporatocracy at the moment.

I respect that you decided to leave instead of trying to overcome the insurmountable issues this country has (Iā€™m seriously considering doing the same) but those arenā€™t the only two options. We can navigate a lane between revolutionary anarchy and apathy, and we absolutely have to do so for the sake of the rest of the Earth. We may miss our mark a bit and may incidentally instigate a brief period of turbulence, but the majority is on our side and we have the ability to overcome moneyed interests for the betterment of society. You and I may give up, but the fight will continue indefinitely until we collectively meet our demise.

2 Likes

Itā€™s so hard to get the ā€œif you donā€™t like it, you can just leaveā€ crowd to understand this point right here. Really well stated, mate. Iā€™ve also found myself more and more considering leaving.