The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Sooo as much as I use and love thingiverse,

God itā€™s a dumpster fire

The thing I needed but didnā€™t download when I could have, has resurfaced (and been downloaded on 2 devices lol)

I can type in the same exact search phrase, and get a different number of results each timeā€¦ no rhyme or reasonā€¦

thatā€™s my experience with Torrent searchersā€¦ and sadly DuckDuckGo as wellā€¦ :confounded:

Maybe some more curvature on the DT BG? :man_shrugging:

(Switched back to linux and had to relearn GIMP rq)

1 Like

I love this concept but prefer the capital lettering hah

1 Like

Like dis?

GIMP is kinda a pain in the ass. The curvature distorts the text which means lots of monotonous tweaking, I want to love open source but gd if Photoshop isnā€™t a vastly superior tool. If someone else wants to take a crack at it, I wouldnā€™t be offended. :+1:

5 Likes

All Canadian coins are magnetic

1 Like

Iā€™m in Germany, things are going really bad right now here - lots of infections, lots of people in hospitals and all that shit. Iā€™m actually angry that Iā€™m never asked for ā€œproofā€ of my vaccination, even in places where I should beā€¦ so we have all those rules, some of them useful, some not, but nobody who actually takes care of just taking a look at your vaccination status.
The busses are crowded as fuck, all people in there should - officially - be vaxxed or tested, but nobody checks it.

2 Likes

Having been sick is legally the same as being vaxxed here.

Yeah for real, best I got was: ā€œdo you have your cert?ā€ ā€œyeah wait a minuteā€ ā€œoh I dont need to see it you just have to say you have oneā€

2 Likes

I think it has a lot to do with how much is unknown, they want to push for vaccines and thatā€™s good and wellā€¦ but pushing misleading information or creating mass fear/hysteria isnā€™t. (Think omicron)
It would only make sense to make vaccine checks compulsory if we knew for 100% fact that being vaccinated halted the virus altogether, or that it prevented both re-infection and transmissionā€¦ but the data doesnā€™t agree

CDC funded study ^

Creating your account and immediately posting this isnā€™t a great start. You say both:

as well as:

Considering fairly basic public health protection measures to be dystopian isnā€™t helping the divisiveness you perceive.

Vaccine mandates in times of health crises arenā€™t new, and they havenā€™t caused issues in the past. School children in the US have generally been required to be vaccinated for over 160 years now (since the 1850s).

Every event Iā€™ve seen in my area that required vaccination, also accepted a positive antibody test as valid. Also, that point might be made moot due to the variants. The vaccine teaches your bodyā€™s immune system to specifically attack the spike protein, which applies to all known variants (although Omicron has yet to be seen, and yes, it could be an issue). Natural immunity likely isnā€™t as generally effective, primarily providing protection for the same strain that caused the initial infection.

Also, you say ā€œnobodyā€, but thatā€™s a point that Iā€™ve seen almost all right-wing publications peddling for nearly a year now.

You made it political as soon as you mentioned ā€œReally glad to be living in America rnā€, while calling the rest of the world increasingly scary and dystopian. This forum is incredibly international, and a considerable number of people on this forum live in places with stronger public health protections than the US.

One problem, which came up recently in several areas, is that unvaccinated folks who get hospitalized with COVID take up unnecessary room in the ICU, potentially stopping those with severe injuries from getting the care they need. The vaccines heavily, heavily reduce hospitalizations and deaths, lightening the load on healthcare infrastructure. While you might think that vaccination should be a private decision, everyone shares hospitals with those around them, and capacity is limited.

With the vaccine being incredibly safe, thereā€™s no real risk in mandating it.

(@Pilgrimsmaster, not sure what you want to do here, this whole chain throws the thread off-topic, and overall Iā€™m not sure how useful/meaningful this discussion is/will be)

4 Likes

This

9 Likes

You do realize it takes the FDA ~10yrs to get the proper safety data and semi-long term data? There is 0 long term studies, itā€™s an experimental compound. What qualified you to make the declaration of ā€œincredibly safeā€ for other people? ā€¦ Do whatever the hell you want with your own body, keep your ā€œmandatesā€ to yourself; didnā€™t mean to trigger you so hard.

Iā€™m maybe a bit pragmatic on that point. Yeahā€¦ if things go bad, I might grow a third arm in 20 years or so. If that happens (or other more serious stuff), Iā€™m fucked, okay.
But if I get long covid now, Iā€™m fucked as well - and that risk is very real, this shit happens.
So I can choose to protect myself (and a lot of others) against a very real and actually happing threat, or I can choose not to do it because of ā€œpossibleā€ risks nobody has yet seen. Plus, I am no medical scientist, so I think I have to trust those who studied all that, and who supposedly know what theyā€™re talking about - I mean, I donā€™t go to an architect who is designing a house and tell him ā€œwell, Iā€™d like to have that wall some meters over there, just my gut feelingā€ - Iā€™m not the professional here.

The grandma of one of my colleagues had a femoral neck fracture recently, and they had to drive her around a lot until they found a hospital with enough room to take her. Imagine this with something that requires immediate action, like a stroke or a heart attack, and youā€™ll get a feeling why people here are a bit angry at others who fill up hospitals though it might not be neccessaryā€¦

And, last and maybe most important point for me - I know the vaccination doesnā€™t give you 100% security, it just makes bad things (a lot) less likely to happen. If I would infect one of my beloved ones, and they would get seriously sick, I would not be able to live with that. And that risk is reduced, a lot. Not 100%, but enough for me.

2 Likes

I agreed that it does seem to reduce hospitalization and death, just that all the data wasnā€™t in, and that it should be a personal choice at the end of the day. Really wasnā€™t my intention to make the dude cry

Was the reason I linked in the study, seems having the jab may not reduce your viral load significantly or risk of transmitting to others. Not trying to step on anyone, just saying everyone should have the right to decide for themselves

As coma said very eloquently, Iā€™m not qualified. Instead, I trust professionals at the top of their fields, that have spent decades learning. I trust the researchers at my university, studying both the safety of current vaccines as well as techniques for new ones. I trust the medical and scientific communities, which nearly unilaterally agree that the vaccine is safe.

The very same FDA that studied the various US COVID vaccines and deemed them perfectly safe? Itā€™s not like the entire FDA suddenly changed the moment the pandemic happened. Itā€™s the same FDA that created and followed those rules, but it deemed them unnecessary due to the high test pool during the EUA phase, as well as the fantastic longer term data from the initial test trials.

Sounding like a bit of a broken record there, and itā€™s also a bit of a cop-out.

If you would have bothered to read any forum posts prior to posting, you might have seen that weā€™ve had discussions on this very topic before. However, the discussions were completely polite, and there was good back and forth.

You made that impossible from the start, because you didnā€™t make your first post with good intentions.

1 Like

You do whatever is best for you :slight_smile:

If 6 months is ā€œfantastic longer term dataā€ to you, perhaps you need a new university.

Typical 10yrs for FDAā€™s phase 4 trials to complete is nowhere near or close to 10 months. It was passed under emergency-use situations. Nobody is saying itā€™s not safe, just that all the data isnā€™t there yet. Clearly you donā€™t give a damn about your own civil liberties, try not to shit all over other peoples civil liberties.

First of all, for vaccinations in an emergency situation like this, this is deemed enough by people who studied all that, yes. I personally think that a lot of connections between vaccinations or medical treatments in general and reactions of the body many years or decades later are not yet discovered, and due to varying lifestyles they will be very hard to prove at all. And I have to add that Iā€™m definitely no fan of big pharma and all that, and that I try to manage most of my health problems with medicinal plants, eating healthy, reducing stress and whatever. When I have a massive infection, I still visit a doc and get some antibiotics. When I break my arm, Iā€™d go to ER. So it all depends on how serious the situation is - and the current situation is serious.

So you think it is safe, and itā€™s still okay not to get vaccinated because of missing data to prove it is? That makes no sense at all - people are dying. I donā€™t think itā€™s clever to wait for more data while people die every dayā€¦

It is clear there are some strong and opposing views.

But we might want to tone it down.

Have fun, make your point, stand you ground, agree, disagree, I donā€™t care, but letā€™s keep it polite.

2 Likes

No, Iā€™m not personally saying that it is or isnā€™t safe, just that the data isnā€™t all there to enforce mandates or coercing other people into getting it.
Iā€™m not downplaying the deaths, but also recognizing that the spanish flu 100 years ago killed up to 100 million people in a fairly short period of time, COVID appears more like a severe flu, with the mass media coverage making it seem much worse than it actually is

Xg3s come now with Magnetic Viewing Film :partying_face:

2 Likes