The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

oh well, itā€™s not like it is a time critical thing.
At least its on its way

1 Like

ā€¦is that a thing?

Says the person planning a flex pay

Self install.

I have the ability to see them, so I may as well make sure I miss them.

And if I donā€™t have said machine and do hit a vein?

Bleed :drop_of_blood: :drop_of_blood:

1 Like

Serious issues or just more swelling?

Veins are pretty hardy, they heal pretty well ( Think blood donations )

So not usually serious, but if you do damage a vein, avoid that spot until it has healed properly

1 Like

Thatā€™s a pretty good point,

But a flex needle is less surgical and more wrecking ball lol

2 Likes

Nah, it really isnā€™t, your piercers experience and the purpose designed instrument ( custom needle ) are the correct ā€œtoolsā€ for the job.

The needle is just larger than an xSeries. The principle / procedure is virtually identical.

2 Likes

Most likely be fine.

I know I have a big one in that area, and I am doing a self install. I used a tourniquet before this to find them.

Better question for a doc.

Iā€™m not all that worried now, pilgrims blood draw point was pretty valid

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ but I was referring to going across the street and slicing it. Like cleanly. Not blowing a hole in it. (Which I think you were meaning)

Edit. I am not versed enough to know if this would be real bad or not. I just dont want to do it to me @Eriequiet

Shame I live far too far away, so will probably only get mine within another month nowā€¦ =/

Got my first project with it already lined up, and just gotten the first piece I ordered for it as well!! :star_struck:

That said, has anyone here already hooked up those kinds of models directly onto PCs or Raspberries?

Then you better not faint when you see blood, else youā€™ll faint a lot! :sweat_smile:

Jokes asside, it will bleed a lot and you might not have any means of fully stopping the blood flow before finishing the procedure.

That is because if you apply pressure and give time to achieve homeostasis immediately after opening the pocket, you are also making the pocket to start ā€œglueingā€ together. So in order to open it back for the implant you would be almost ripping it back openā€¦ thus more blood.

Although that sounds gruessome, it isnā€™t anything soo serious. It just means that you would have to finish the procedure really fast and then apply a good deal of pressure. Which, combined with the blood swollen pocket, might displace the flex into another place nearby (few mm) and will increase the critical healing period significantly.

:confounded:

But despite the annoying nature of it, it would not be any ā€œseriousā€ wound if you just hit it (as opposed to cleaving it cleanly).

1 Like

How does this work? It looks almost like an ultrasound being projected on the skin

You are pretty much correct, Basically a infrared torch and the hemoglobin in the blood absorbs the infrared light, image recieved from the vein detector and then projected back onto the skin.

Poorly explained, but iā€™m sure you get the ideaā€¦

1 Like

Lol, my ulnar artery was completely cut in half
Not a stranger to blood

Interestingly, Iā€™m fairly sure they never actually repaired it, just closed it off

Supposedly in your hand it just all pools together anyways

Version 3.0

5 Likes

Veins are pretty good at ā€œhealing themselves backā€, hence why it would be more of a nuisance than a seeeerious wound.

But once you nick a vein, you better know exactly what youā€™re doing, and do it fast, if you want to finish that procedure!

Else youā€™re looking at waiting all the healing time before you can give it another shot.

i just watched that video haha :smiley:

2 Likes

I did too. I always was under the impression that this kind of thing was illegal. But he mentioned he was working with law enforcement.