The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

@Pilgrimsmaster @Eyeux since you both were interested in potentially buying a board, I thought Iā€™d tag you. The CaRFID boards arrived today :slight_smile: . Not bad, less than 6 days turnaround including shipping from China to the Midwestern US. Quality looks great too, assuming thereā€™s no bad connections or anything, Iā€™m definitely gonna use JLCPCB in the future. Iā€™m about to solder up the first one with all the components, and begin testing. If everything goes to plan, might even have a project writeup posted by late tonight detailing everything from design to install, with videos of it running.

4 Likes

Thanks!!

Really interested in that as well!! ^^

Shame Iā€™ve accidentaly picked the wrong laptop image wallet when I left homeā€¦ and it ainā€™t worth spendingh the time needed to build a decent laptop image since Iā€™ll be home again by weekā€™s end. :woman_shrugging:

Indeed they do!
Every time I get a grad who only coded in VS, and bring them over into Linux projectsā€¦ itā€™s actually slower to get them up to speed than when I take an apprentice with 0 experience!

That said, gimme echo >> and/or cat|sed|echo >> and Iā€™m happy for most of my day to day stuffā€¦

For projects Iā€™m happy with literally any note taking app that has a filetree on the side (such as Atom, despite being slightly unoptimal, my machines canā€™t see the performance hit. And I like customizing the interface)

1 Like

A slight update on that, since the project write-up didnā€™t go up last night. Got the first board soldered up. Needed some bodges, but got the board flashed and working fine. I went to install it in my car, and had partial success. Implant authentication worked, and it could put the car into accessory and run, but it just wouldnā€™t crank/start. Need to do more investigation as to why, need to double check a few things. It was very cold and I was super tired and sore (soldering in a car foot well is not funā€¦) so Iā€™m gonna work on it again probably Thursday. Thatā€™s when the Pinecil is finally arriving, so if I have to resolder anything itā€™ll be much easier at that point. Need a few days to rest :yum:

Either way, happy that the board even works, aside from the bodges needed.

2 Likes

And likewise from me.

Any thoughts on that?

Likewise, it sounds very promising

2 Likes

First, now that Iā€™m indoors again, Iā€™m gonna double check that the relay is contacting correctly. It worked fine before I put it in the car, but itā€™s worth a double check before I try anything else. Then I want to look again at my spare ignition switch, triple checking that I got the pinout correct. Itā€™s hard to use my multimeter while also holding it in start, due to the spring tension, so itā€™s entirely possible that I just ended up getting a pin wrong.

If that doesnā€™t work, then I need to double check my connections within the car. Due to the uncomfortable circumstances, itā€™s entirely possible some connection went wrong somewhere. I checked it a few times, but still worth a look. When youā€™re working with 10 wires total, itā€™s worth a look.

Lastly, if nothing else works, itā€™s time to start digging through diagrams and schematics. Itā€™s hard to find any for my vehicle that arenā€™t paywalled, so I might have to end up paying for one. I hope it doesnā€™t come to that, but itā€™s still an option.

EDIT: Itā€™s worth noting too, that when I disconnected my board, and plugged the ignition switch back in, everything is 100% fine, still starts. So at least I didnā€™t kill anything. Had to put my car back to normal for the moment, have some errands to run today.

2 Likes

BONUS!!!

Iā€™ll chip in [pun] if you need to

1 Like

Just gonna brag that I got my Vaccination today for Covid.

No side effects, no mind control.

3 Likes

pfft. they told you to say that

6 Likes

Yetā€¦plus you wonā€™t know when THEY are controlling you :wink:

1 Like

I have a question about that that nobody seems to be able to answer. Maybe they told you at the vac center.

So more and more people get the shot. I assume those people are now free from wearing a mask, since theyā€™re no longer able to be vectors - at least thatā€™s the hope. Are they issued a pass, or a tag, or some kind of certificate they can present to justify their not wearing a mask in areas where itā€™s compulsory?

Or gee, an implant. Amal, maybe you missed a great business opportunity there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here in Canada they say even with the vaccine you need to keep the mask

1 Like

We still should wear a mask.

After the first shot, I am only 56% immune, after the second one, I will be 96%.

There are far too few vaccinated people to forgo a mask.

I plan to wear mine, as we should all be wearing it regardless. I wouldnā€™t set a good example if I didnā€™t.

And yeah. You get a card.

3 Likes

@ShaakPsi

Do you always use a stand to keep yourself propped up? Or only when you are on display :wink:

1 Like

Oh man, the Mayo Clinic really needs to have a battery charging graphic on their vaccination card, with the health worker filling it up as you get subsequent shots :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finger chop

:eyes: :rofl: You are the first other person who noticed thatā€¦ (I found it a little bit annoying after checking my photos from this event.) I love Bumblebee like many others there. Most people tried to touch the car, so they had to do something to keep the people at distance.
This was two years ago, now I can laugh about it!

Nothing beyond the natural urge to buy 3 copies of an enterprise Windows 10 licence?

2 Likes

Wow, normally it is only 2!
You must live close to a 5G Cell tower :satellite:

1 Like

Microsoft still charges money for their OS!? What next, Android will charge too for their updates?