The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Damn someone has already leaked it 
 like 35 years ago!

2 Likes

That’s damned sexy in its own right though

Why, thank you *blush*

Really cool. Should have been an Illuminati symbol though, to scare the conspiracy-minded folks :stuck_out_tongue:

haha

anobody watched this one?

i think its even funnyer if you understand german.

or its just me finding that funny that this is nearly in public in some kind of pub or so

1 Like

That’s “one of us”

Sandra Wuerthner aka
@JennyMcLane

3 Likes

Cool, maybe they can tell me where it was :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first guess would be Probably Austria Possibly Vienna
 but it is a guess

TO further my guess, the bar
“The Beer Saloon”

1 Like

EDIT - had some gibberish at the beginning of my post for whatever reason

I never questioned the X-rays.

Although they could come from any other source than himself, and they could be about anything else.
But I wouldn’t care for thinking about that to be honest.

The main things that pushed me into disbelief were his attitude and his side story.

True that.
Looking forward to a medical opinion on that one.

Also

1 Like

Yes it was one year ago in a pub (Einstein, Rathausplatz 4)
It was in Vienna - “Chips&Beer” party with Patrick Kramer from Digiwell.
It was me, getting my 18th rfidimplant

4 Likes

Not sure at what size an embolisms become a “problem”, the only data I know about is more about length of clots as opposed to initial size. I would be worried if anyone is routinely creating emboli though.

Technically any size of emboli could become a problem, especially in the end organs as the capillaries that facilitate transfer of gasses are microns in diameter.

To put it into context though the lumen of the Coronary arteries are around 4-2mm so yea, a 2mm emboli could cause a big problem.

2 Likes

Right but capillaries are super small, so if you were to block flow to a single capillary
 that’s not likely to cause you any meaningful harm right?

So it’s an issue of scale?

If you block flow further up you damage 2 capillaries, further up 4 and 8 and and so in until now you’re causing systemic damage right?
(Yes I know capillaries don’t scale in binary but it’s easy numbers lol )

I suppose for context I’m just stuck on the idea of a 2mm “clot” blocking presumably a couple hundred capillaries at least, from the scale of a capillary to 2mm

And that not causing issues
 is weird

Any blockage of an artery could cause ischemia down stream yes, most tissues and organs have collateral supply however.

In addition, reading through this did you say it was a vein or an artery?

4 Likes

That’s so true.

Something really amazing happened to one of my best friends and fellow cyclist years ago: the guy was fit as a fiddle, didn’t smoke, didn’t drink and rode to work every day. One day he went see the doctor because he complained it took him 10 minutes to catch his breath after arriving at work. The doc prescribed him vitamins and other such banalities, but also told him to get a checkup at the hospital just in case.

At the hospital, they did a coronography, and the doctors immediately rushed him to the operating theater: his coronary arteries were 90% blocked, and he had to undergo emergency quadruple bypass.

The docs said he hadn’t had a heart attack because he was so fit his heart had developed some sort of backup, secondary supply that was just enough for him to lead a normal life. He wasn’t far from it though. Lucky him!

Where he’s not so lucky is, he now has to pop beta blockers for the rest of his life so his heart doesn’t go above 100 bpm, and that prevents him from cycling :frowning:

Yeah, I remember seeing a young man who had somehow occluded a large portion of his abdominal aorta, his body had created collateral arteries through his peritoneum, it was wild!

I bet he laughed his belly off!

*ba-dum-dah*

1 Like

Please correct my anatomy understanding if it’s faulty, Gray.

The arteries on your wrist/hands run much deeper, while the veins are the ones more “superficial”.

In that video we see that the needle hadn’t sunk deep
 Therefore I assume it’s a vein.

So I’ve just caught up with the story on the other thread. I must admit that the first thing I thought when reading the initial post was “bullshit” but there you go.

I guess the difficulty is that all we can ascertain is that there is a radiopaque pill shaped object in the right middle lobe. The CTPA posted appears to show it in a terminal vein (remember veins carry unoxygenated blood) but I am not a radiologist and that video is not good enough quality to interpret. Either way its gotten there one of three ways, insertion, inhalation or migration.

As to your question, the artery that supply’s the thumb (Dorsal Metacarpal Artery) is deeper than the two main veins in the area. I cant see a video, only a screen shot but if you hit an artery you would know about it and in addition there would be zero chance of migration thus it had to go into a vein, either the Dorsal Digital or Palmar Venous Arch.

2 Likes

Thanks for chiming in @greydoc
I didn’t want to name drop :loudspeaker: because I’m sure you are frequently asked for medical opinions outside of your practice.
But for nothing else, I hope it was at least of interest to you. :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like